Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  113
Page 52 of 84 First ... 242505152535462 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good afternoon Dear Ladies,

It's a rainy and beautiful day! As my older daughter and I traveled to the Big City to our church today, we were joyful! Today was our "Sister to Sister Luncheon." The theme was "Women of God Reaching the Unreached." Matthew 28:18-20. It was a beautiful sight to see women worshipping and communing together. Of course, a few of our church brothers were in attendance to support us...assisting to make this affair run smoothly.

I was the worship leader for this annual occasion. The service was spirit-filled with an invocation, scripture reading, worship through singing, welcome, liturgical dancing, introduction of speaker, speaker and remarks. The speaker was anointed and her message was full of scripture references telling us what we need to do to reach the unreached.

The occasion culminated with a closing prayer and blessing of the food. Then, to the luncheon we went! There were salads, meats, desserts and drinks galore. What a glorious affair it was!

At these luncheons, we reconnect, revisit and renew old friendships and make new ones too! What a blessed day!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought some of you might find this interesting. While visiting my sister and brother-in-law, the owners of the ground across from their house burned their crp grass field. It was quite a sight. I've seen it before, and I never get tired of it. No wind so good day for it. For the first time we heard a heat vortex(tornado). Couldn't see it from our vantage point. It just started rumbling similar to thunder. Kind of freaky, scary. All the heat rising so fast and so hot mixes with the cooler atmosphere to cause these vortices. Alot of farmers were burning grass fields since the burn ban was lifted. The farmers work the ground around the whole section that's to be burned several times for fire break. The burn was East of their property so there was no smoke our direction. Here are some pictures.Attachment 12005Attachment 12006Attachment 12007 There were man(fire) made clouds formed up high by the smoke and heat, which will show up on weather radars. They show the best on the second picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    I Won A Prize...

At the "Sister to Sister Luncheon," I won a LED candle that changes colors. It changes from red to yellow to green back to yellow, then red to green to purple. Such a relaxing and beautiful display of colors!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    It was a cool but beautiful day out today. My dogs really enjoyed being tied up outside for awhile today. I cleaned one side of my living room today. It looks so nice. I am trying to just keep busy. In another post I asked prayer for my family because of something one of our relatives did. It is causing me a lot of pain and heartache right now but I just asked the Lord to forgive that person. It is so much easier to forgive when you have Jesus. I was very close to this person and it is just killing me inside but I know the Lord will get me through. I worked on a pooh latch hook rug this afternoon. Been working on it for about a week now. Almost done with it. Probably be able to finish it tomorrow. Was supposed to go to my pain doctor yesterday but when we got there they had to reschedule me because she got sick and had to go home. Monday going to do another side of the living room. Tomorrow I will just read my bible in the morning like I always do, relax and honor the sabbath day. I am going to restrain from doing anything except the dishes and cooking other then my crafts. Next weekend I will be taking care of my oldest grandson. I was outside for a little while today but not long. The air was cool. I ordered some strawberry plants and I got and email that they shipped them so should be here next week. So I will plant them when they get here. I am hoping I can get enough this summer to make some homemade strawberry jam. I would like to go to our local farmer's market and get enough apples to make a pie and some homemade applesauce. My kids said they love my applesauce.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in touch with Larisa....she is doing well....she has been on CT but not this thread.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know, thanks Teri.

7. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I woke up this morning with my mind stayed on Jesus. ...and I wasn't going to church because I woke up late. Didn't let Satan tackle me down. I made it to church just in time for the sermon--Psalm 23:6 "God has your back!" I didn't miss my blessing.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you, Crochetdiva! It's never easy for me to get up. I'm not a morning person. Once I'm up I'm ok though. I had to go because I was liturgist today, but I would still go early. Mom always likes to go early to practice the piano. So we are there usually at least by 8:30. Our service starts at 9:15, with Sunday school after. We share our pastor with another church so we opted for the early service. Several of our congregation are sick with respiratory crud. Don't know what else to call it. I've had to be liturgist twice this month because of illness. Maybe next week too.

Post Thanks / Like
    God has given me so much peace today. I feel a little better today then I have the last few days. I felt so much joy today. I read my bible and prayed and I listened to my Christian hymn records and I was singing along. I love to sing to the Lord. I even find myself singing while I do dishes or cook. I finished my pooh latch hook rug today. I also finished another crochet dishrag yesterday. It is white and maroon striped. It is very pretty. I am still hoping to get a camera one day soon so I can take pictures and show everyone on here all of my work. It was a beautiful day today but it was cool outside. Only got up in the high 30's to low 40's. I am going to clean another side of my living room tomorrow and work on some more crafting. I will be babysitting my oldest grandson at the end of the week. He is such a good boy and I look forward to having him. I am going to crochet some more scarves, some doll clothes, some more dishrags and some more coaster sets. I am going to try and crochet some play food too. I know the kids will love that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    God has given me so much peace today. I feel a little better today then I have the last few days. I felt so much joy today. I read my bible and prayed and I listened to my Christian hymn records and I was singing along. I love to sing to the Lord. I even find myself singing while I do dishes or cook. I finished my pooh latch hook rug today. I also finished another crochet dishrag yesterday. It is white and maroon striped. It is very pretty. I am still hoping to get a camera one day soon so I can take pictures and show everyone on here all of my work. It was a beautiful day today but it was cool outside. Only got up in the high 30's to low 40's. I am going to clean another side of my living room tomorrow and work on some more crafting. I will be babysitting my oldest grandson at the end of the week. He is such a good boy and I look forward to having him. I am going to crochet some more scarves, some doll clothes, some more dishrags and some more coaster sets. I am going to try and crochet some play food too. I know the kids will love that.
    Do you have any of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir music? Have you heard about this choir? I live in Salt Lake City area and they perform every week on tv, their music is amazing and you might enjoy it also. If you go to LDS.org you can find information about the choir at that website. Donna from Utah