Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Baby boy afghan

Post Thanks / Like

Baby boy afghan

I would like to make my nephew's soon to be "father" who is now fighting in Afghanistan right now, a very simple afghan that I can make before I drive from California to Oregon to his wife's birthing. I'm so excited & I'd love to bring that afghan with me. Does anyone have any idea for a fantastic, yet simple afghan pattern that I can make? God Bless every one of You !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    [url]http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/cpl-bafg.html?noImages=[/url]

I have done this one several times, it is very easy and looks great. However, I have not done the hood, just the afghan. Since it does have a multiple, you can make it wider, which is what I do and then just make it longer by adding more rows. Just a thought.

Roe

3. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes Scooters liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe, Thanks for the advice and the website. However, you forgot to tell me which afghan you chose God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    When you open up the link, it's the hooded baby blanket using lion Brand pound of love, The pattern is shown in pink, hope that helps.

Roe

6. Likes Scooters liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Roe for the pattern & may God Bless You. Now I have to get going on my grandnephew's afghan. I can't wait

Post Thanks / Like
    HI LI Roe Hows it going, busy bust I bet with Holidays etc. I will try and get this Hooded Blankie done for 1st GGS in Nov. I

will give at Xmas & may line with Towel material, real soft & diff. we will see. TY for sharing. Have Great Week !! Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    The angels you make are coming from an angel Scooters

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Roe, Do you think that you could please send the pattern to me email address? It is suzannekhuggins@gmail.com I would be so grateful if you could. I already started the afghan with no pattern and I like some of it and some of it, not so much. Also, the pattern has to be an "easy read" because if it's hard to read, I can't do it. I never learned to read patterns with some exceptions. I would be so very thankful to you, Scooter
    God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Scooters, I didn't know how to read a pattern when I started 43 years ago. A friend helped me make an octagon pattern by telling me what to do as I went along. One day she wasn't home & I was ready to start another motif so I picked up the book & looked at the pattern & I could actually understand what it said. Just followed the stitch instructions in the back of the book that said sc=single crochet, dc=double crochet, etc. Made that motif by myself that day. If you get a few extra minutes, look at a simple pattern & see if you can read it. You can always ask anyone here if you get stumped.

Just a suggestion - you'd be surprised tho!!! I was.

SandiC
    TX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mizz Grammie, I'm right in the middle of making up my own pattern for my niece's daughter, Gianna. I make the pattern up as I go which, means I do a lot of pulling yarn out & starting over in some places. However, it is coming along nicely and I will be happy to send a picture of a VERY SIMPLE NOVICE crocheters baby afghan. I am "having a blast" though. It's amazing how fast one can remember some of the patterns that I stitches that I remembered from long ago Happy times are here again! Yippee!!!