Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Radiation

Post Thanks / Like

Radiation

Hello everyone! I have had 2 radiation treatments now and am still feeling great. I hope it stays this way! I know that God is still with me all the way. I had my first treatment yesterday at 4;30 PM and today at 20:50 AM. The rest of my treatments are scheduled for 2:50PM. I think this has worked out because God put me today in the waiting room with a couple sjo are now fighting breast cancer (wife) and the husband is a survivor not of cancer but of a horrible accident where his chest was crushed so badly they thought he would never survive. He sat and talked to me about God and what God has done for him and I think that was God's' plan for me to be there today. The things we talked about were so encouraging and the rest of my treatments are to be at 2:50 everyday from now on. Love you all. Patty

2. Thanks Barbara G., Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way Patty!

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad that your treatments went well. Yes, God will position you to be in the company of His people! May God continue to richly bless you.(((Hugs)))

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty so glad to hear Radiation is going well. yes I remember those waiting Rooms. Id be getting people water, coffee as it was hard for them to do and never asked for help. Gods given You a Second chance so happy as my Rosary is being said without checking whats next. Luv & Prayers

Susan2014

8. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty you are in my thoughts and prayers. So happy to hear that the treatments are going well so far. God puts people in our path for a purpose. It is wonderful that He put that couple in your path today.

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of you all the time Patty and wishing the best. Luv u, Shirley

12. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Patty,
    I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts. I am so happy that your treatments are going good.

Love & Hugs
    Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25

14. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing. There is nothing too hard for God.
    ---HarriEtta

16. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy that you are doing well and with all the love and prayers going out to you, it will continue. I agree, God works in mysterious ways and puts people in our lives when we most need it.

Thinking of you and sending extra prayers for good health to come back and soon.

Roe

18. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    Thinking of you all the time Patty and wishing the best. Luv u, Shirley
    Hi Shirley, I have been thinking about you a lot too! I have told the nurses in the radiation room about my art work and they said "OH, PLEASE BRING SOME IN AND SHOW US! " So I took 3 manila folders in yesterday(They have the binder things in them so they aren't loose in the folder and each picture is in a plastic sleeve) and I will pick them up today and leave 3 more. The nurse I gave them to, said she would lock them up at night to keep them safe.
    Are we ready to paint any more bags yet Shirley? Of course the radiation is supposed to make me tired so it may hit all at once in a few days, who knows. I am staying busy and almost got an afghan ready to put together. Most of the blocks are finished except for a row or two of black around them and THEN I WILL start putting them together! That black really makes the bright colors POP RIGHT OUT! I have done all of this and more since I discovered I have beast cancer. And I want to take some names for the September exchange too.
    Now I am going to say I DID have cancer but it is gone now. It ran like a scared rabbit when the surgeon brought her scalpel out and went after it and took the lump out!!!...with the lumpectomy! The radiation is looking for any little scraps the lump may have left behind and it will take care of them and chew them up and spit them out like garbage! Ha! Ha! Ha!...It feels so good to be able to laugh at myself now. Love to all of you and don't forget there is ALWAYS HOPE WHEN YOU BELIEVE IN GOD! I want to thank aporfirio for the most encouraging letter I believe I have ever received...Hugs to you all, you will be my friends forever, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 08-29-2014 at 06:09 AM.

20. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post