Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally got to talk to my son

I don't know if anyone remembers that I haven't seen my son for 13 years. A friend help me find him. He was in Texas. In the 13 years I have talked to him maybe 4 times. The last three years I kept trying to call him, but no one ever answered the phone. Well today I tried to call him again and found out it was an old phone #. So I looked and found another # so I tried to call and he answered the phone. I could believe it. It was so good to just hear his voice. We talked for a couple hours.

2. Thanks Lili thanked for this post
    Likes billiebob, Kathy B., charlye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so happy for you. I know what a relief it can be just to hear some simple words. I hope good thoughts stay with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, that is just so wonderful that you finally spoke with your son. I will keep you in my prayers that it continues for both of you.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Billie and Roe, I have been grieving over not seeing him for 13 years. The problem is we have never had a cross word with each other. Kids are so thoughtless, it like we don't have any feelings.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know how you feel. My only brother and I didn't talk for 20 years, we lost touch with each other but Christmas Day 2012 he called me. My brother got my phone number from a cousin of ours. It was the best Christmas gift I could ever have gotten. I missed him so much and we each missed a lot of what was going on with our lives. Now we talk every week. I'm so happy for you. I hope the lines of communication stay open.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat you are so right about kids being thoughtless and thinking we don't have any feelings. I'm glad your son is back in your life.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy for you!! It's so hard when a son or daughter breaks communication with their parents and I think especially their mothers. I will pray that you will become really close again and remain that way. Love, prayers and hugs sent to you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    I am so happy for you!! It's so hard when a son or daughter breaks communication with their parents and I think especially their mothers. I will pray that you will become really close again and remain that way. Love, prayers and hugs sent to you Winnie
    You are so right Winnie. Meerkat I hope you can keep in touch with him for a long time. They don't realize how much we do love them regardless of how we have been treated in the past. Patty

10. Thanks Lili thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Lord. Glad you found him.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone, it was so good to hear his voice again. Now if I could just see him again. Last time I saw him he was 39 and he is 53 now. I not sure I would even recognize him.