Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What is everyone doing for Labor Day

Hi everyone. Thought I would start a post on what everyone is doing for labor day since it is on Monday. I am going to go to the store in the morning then come home and get ready to have a cookout. We have invited a couple of our neighbors and I don't know about my daughter or son yet. My daughter said it depends how she feels and my son said if Trish don't have to work and Caiden is out of the hospital then they might come.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am taking it nice and slow on Labor Day. Not doing too much of anything, just enjoying another day of life. Of course, I gotta get that crochet in and piano practice which helps my arthritis pain. And just maybe I will do a 20-minute low impact aerobics workout. Dang it, it's so hard to drop these pounds.
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    For the first time in a long time I am going to have a BBQ at my house, the couple that helped me take care of Tom, is coming over and he is going to do the BBQing. They come over all the time to make sure I am ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just going to stay home and hang out. Goodwill has a 35% off sale on everything so I will go over and check things out, then come back and bbq and relax.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    For the first time in a long time I am going to have a BBQ at my house, the couple that helped me take care of Tom, is coming over and he is going to do the BBQing. They come over all the time to make sure I am ok.
    It is so nice to have friends that really care like that. My neighbor across the street is the same way. When I came home from my last procedure on my back my boyfriend was getting me out of the care and she rushed over and took my other arm and they both helped me up to the porch then she stood there holding on to me until he unlocked the door and said if I needed anything just to call her. When I am out she always asks how I am doing. She is a wonderful lady. I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy your time with your wonderful friends. God has blessed you by sending such caring people to you. I care about you too and you are always in my prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LI Roe;143849]Just going to stay home and hang out. Goodwill has a 35% off sale on everything so I will go over and check things out, then come back and bbq and relax.

Roe[

I hope you find something. The goodwill store here in town hardly has anything. I go to the next town usually. But the one thing I need they never have and they never have any sales on. The one here in town got a new manager a few years ago and since then it has really gone down hill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    I am taking it nice and slow on Labor Day. Not doing too much of anything, just enjoying another day of life. Of course, I gotta get that crochet in and piano practice which helps my arthritis pain. And just maybe I will do a 20-minute low impact aerobics workout. Dang it, it's so hard to drop these pounds.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that God will take your pain away. I know what you mean about dropping the pounds. Since last January I have lost 40 pounds but now it seems like i am stuck. I lose a few then gain a little back the lose then gain again. It is like a yo yo and then I have times when I am just the same. I can't exercise because of my disabilities. I get light headed and have a tendency to fall. I do get out in our pool during the summer which helps and I try to do sitting down exercises. The holidays is what gets me LOL I just can't pass up all the good food LOL. I have arthritis in my hips plus recently found out I have Fibromyalgia too. But I am so thankful to God for helping me and like you crocheting and my other crafts helps. Have a wonderful and relaxing day and if you ever want to talk I am here.

Post Thanks / Like
    My son and I were invited to my SIL's for lunch, but I may not go unless he wants to. To me, Labor Day is not that big a deal, many times over the years I had to work on big holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas, so missing a chance for a free meal doesn't bother me. These days I prefer to stay at home and once I get my chores done, I crochet and watch t.v. Or I can always clean out a closet and reorganize my yarn stash!

Post Thanks / Like
    Celebrating with a delicious meal! My older daughter cooked BBQ ribs and chicken. Along with it, we're having baked beans , potato salad, soft drinks and cupcakes. Lots of laughter too! Younger daughter will be celebrating with us.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    Hi everyone. Thought I would start a post on what everyone is doing for labor day since it is on Monday. I am going to go to the store in the morning then come home and get ready to have a cookout. We have invited a couple of our neighbors and I don't know about my daughter or son yet. My daughter said it depends how she feels and my son said if Trish don't have to work and Caiden is out of the hospital then they might come.
    Hi Sonnetta
    Saturday I was cleaning my house and crocheting in the evening. Yesterday went out for a barbeque to my friends. The food was great!. Today I was going to go to Chicago to visit another friend. But I am not able to do that because of bad weather. It is raining a lot..again..This year we are having way to much rain here. I guess I will do some crocheting again.

I hope your little grandson is doing better.
    XXX
    Krys