Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  12
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynda,
    I was at an estate sale and found 2 dark blue square pillows and two white square one for $.50 each. Did I luck out or what. Now I just have to cover them. My mom left some squares when she died and I might put some of them together to cover one of the white ones. The blue I would like to try a lacy square so the blue will show through.
    WHEN I get them done I will post pics.
    God bless

CrochetDee

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Krys I'm excited myself to see how they will turn out! Making them different on each side will give several different looks.
    xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dee, you sure did luck up on finding those pillows. What a find that was! I can't wait to see the pillows when you finish them. I bet they will be very pretty especially with the squares your mom made.

4. Thanks CrochetDee thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty girl! How are you feeling today? I hope you are having a good day. Thank you so much for rereading all the posts. I already made my daughter a table runner but you are correct about the place mats. That is a very good suggestion. Her birthday is in January and I just might make her some for her birthday. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like

2 beautiful Bolster Pillows

Bolster Pillow with very good tutorial.
    This one is done in ripple design, you can use different stitches. But, I think that ripple looks great on that pillow. I do not have a link to pattern for that second pillow. Anyway that would be very time consuming to do that.
    According to Matt...: Cute And Quick Projects.
    Krys
    PS: Lynda I will post another post right now with "instructions". I hope my "instructions" are good LOL. Because I never done that, I am talking using roll-up batting for an insert. But, is worth to try. Because what you are going to do with that quilters batting? since you probably do not do quilts.
    I did made many pillows in my life.

Those are not my pictures!.
    Need Advice Please-bolster-pillow-1-jpgNeed Advice Please-bolster-pillow-2-jpg
    Last edited by Polishgirl; 09-03-2014 at 06:01 PM.

7. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

"instructions" for Lynda

Hi Lynda
    OK, here I go again with a looong message! LOL

Since you have that batting I thought that you could make a pillow insert out of that for that Bolster Pillow. By rolling that like a roll-up cake! LOL. And since you don't have a fabric on the other side of batting. I think you should put a piece of fabric under that batting and roll that up together. That would provide that insert with extra "body" so would be harder to touch. You do not want anything very soft inside that pillow.

You will need to cut that fabric & batting to the desire with before you start rolling that up. Because that probably would be hard for you to cut those ends of that "log" on the end. You will need to practice little with that, like: how hard you want to roll that, maybe you will need to use more than one layer of that batting on top of that piece of fabrick. When you get to desire with of that log-insert cut that of and pin that on that edge. Than sew that with whip stich. It doesn't matter if that sewing would not look very good. Than measiure across that side of that log, so you will know how big the circles ( you will need two of them) you need to cut out of that fabrick. Cut them little bigger, so you can overlap the edges on the edges of your "log" and stitch that together around. It will not look very nice because you will get a little "ruffles". So go over and stich again between the previus stitches, that will help to get rid of thouse little "ruffles" at least so that would not look as bad and it will make the construction of that log stronger.

There is another way to do that. That would be more professional way. That is after you roll that log and sew the side securely. Make the whole cover-lining for that separate. And than insert that "log" in that. And then you can connect that crochet piece together actually it will be 3 pieces: 1 big and 2 circles for the sides.

The size of that it will be up to you. Just don't make that very skinny so will not look like a hot-dog LOl. Just to give you an idea at Joann.com they have that insert for sale and is: Basic pillow 14"x 6" Firm Neckroll. They call that Neckroll, actually that is what suppost to be for to put that under the neck. But most people are using them just for decorative purpose. It looks very nice next to regular shape pillow.

I hope that will work for you
    If you would have any questions just ask.
    XXX
    Krys
    PS: just pay constant attention when you are rolling-up that log-insert on those sides. So they are coming up even (straight).
    Last edited by Polishgirl; 09-03-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made a lot of pillows. I make mine so that it overlaps in the back, that way you can remove the cover and wash it. Example: if it is a 10 by 10 pillow, make the front (designed) 10 by 10 and two backs (plain) 10 by 7. Then overlap in the back so you can take the pillow out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Dale View Post
    I have made a lot of pillows. I make mine so that it overlaps in the back, that way you can remove the cover and wash it. Example: if it is a 10 by 10 pillow, make the front (designed) 10 by 10 and two backs (plain) 10 by 7. Then overlap in the back so you can take the pillow out.
    I don't think that would work very well on bolster pillows. On reg. pillows yes. But that would all depend from the design of that pillow. Sometimes the opening needs to be on the side of that pillow with buttons. Sometimes people just stitch that separately than reap that opening for washing and sew that back again and again.. Or use the shoelace method or..
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed reading this thread, what a bunch of great ideas!
    I made 3 throw pillows awhile back and used regular pillow forms, white. I did not put a liner over it. Since I used light colored yarn, and picked out patterns that wouldn't have a lot of holes, there is only a little of the white showing. One was made with a variegated yarn which had some white in it, so it made the whole thing sort of blend together. I don't think I used a granny square on any of them. I had found several nice patterns online for pillows, and enjoyed making them, each one is a different pattern. I had intended to give them for Christmas, but changed my mind. I do like the idea of making a liner or just buying a pillow with the color you desire, though.
    Some really good input here, ladies!!

12. Thanks CrochetDee, Lynda Fey thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDi461 View Post
    I enjoyed reading this thread, what a bunch of great ideas!
    I made 3 throw pillows awhile back and used regular pillow forms, white. I did not put a liner over it. Since I used light colored yarn, and picked out patterns that wouldn't have a lot of holes, there is only a little of the white showing. One was made with a variegated yarn which had some white in it, so it made the whole thing sort of blend together. I don't think I used a granny square on any of them. I had found several nice patterns online for pillows, and enjoyed making them, each one is a different pattern. I had intended to give them for Christmas, but changed my mind. I do like the idea of making a liner or just buying a pillow with the color you desire, though.
    Some really good input here, ladies!!
    Hi
    We are happy that you enjoy reading all of that.
    Krys