Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy for you. I don't think our children know how much it hurts when they won't allow us into their lives, I sometimes wonder what goes through their minds, we hardly see our first son. He remarried and she dosen't want him involved with his family so she promised him a lot of things and moved him to another state. She's jealous of any attention he gets from us or his siblings. Its not that his first wife is involved because its mostly her fault they divorced in the first place. She dosen't even want him around his own children. Needless to say, she's not very well liked. Enjoy your son now and keep every precious moment close to your heart. God Bless, Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't believe all the ladies have sons who doesn't keep in contact with them. I wonder if they realize how much they are hurting their Mother? For a long time I didn't know where he was living it took me 5 years to track him down. The last place I knew he was in Mesquete Texas, But he and his wife broke up and the phone was disconnected. An online friend worked for the State Department of Texas and I gave her his SS# and she hunted him down and found out he was still living in Misquette Texas, she got his home address and come to find out his cousin was living in Dallas Tex. A 20 min drive from Misquette. He went there and found him and got his phone # and I called him he talked about 2 hours to me. Didn't act like anything was wrong. Next time I tried to call him that # wasn't any good. It was several years later I found his # again. But never saw him. He lost 2 grandmas and his Father passed away. He saw on facebook that his father passed away but to late to attend his funeral. I had reconciled that I would never see him again. Then he just showed up at my door the other day. He stayed a couple hours and he acted like there was nothing wrong and the he came again yesterday morning and stayed a couple hours and was going to head back to Texas.

With my husband passing away it was exactly what I needed.

Thanks everyone for your Kindness and prayers for me.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 07-29-2014 at 07:34 AM.

3. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am a daughter who does not speak to her mother. I know you are all probably gasping at such a thought, but I wanted to give a different side that what you lovely ladies have been through. My mother is a very negative, evil person. She was bad mouthing me behind my back for years and although I knew it I just never did anything about it. She hated my husband because she could not have all of my time...meaning I wasn't at her house during the weekday or weekends. I would spend every Saturday with her and call her everyday but this was not enough. My husband was a police officer for 28 years and was on the force at the time and worked many hours. He did many things around her house to help her out so she would not have to call repair men. But she still complained about him and hated him. The last straw was when my brother called me after he had gone over to her house for a birthday dinner and called me to tell me that she did nothing but talk bad about me all the time he was there. He couldn't understand why she did that. I finally came to the realization that it did and does not matter what I do I will never be able to make her happy. She is the only person who can make her happy. Her and I did not have a fight I just quit calling her and going over to her house. We live a mile a part and I have the same address and phone number as I always have. She has not tried to get in touch with me since. It has been 7 years. If she really wanted a relationship with me she could easily make a call. I feel I have done enough. I never kept my child from seeing her so she never felt the loss of not seeing the grandchild. I would never do that to her. But I feel after all that has gone on, and please believe me when I say I never said a harsh word to her she is my mother I would not do that, I believe if she wants a relationship with me it is up to her at this point.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

5. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Janice, I am so happy that your son came to see you when you needed him. I know you enjoyed his visit.

7. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    Our family gets together on birthdays and holidays(more so when my Mom was here) but we still have get togethers.
    Jean Marie

9. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat, I am so happy your son reached out to you and I wish you both the best and that it continues.

Roe

11. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat, I hope you and your son start a new relationship with one another for a long, long time. I am so glad he reached out to you. My best friend's daughter is always calling her mom and dad bad names and getting mad at them over something that usually is her own fault. I could never talk to my parents like she does. I really don't understand people like that.
    I feel like the luckiest child in the world after reading these posts. I never ever, ever, ever said a bad word about my parents or to them and they always loved me, I know, because they showed it in many ways. I was fortunate enough to sit on my fathers lap and hug him and tell him shortly before he passed away that "no matter what happens Daddy, I love you." I was never mis-treated or abused like some children. I have 3 brothers and one sister (she passed away in 2000) and we were all loved by our parents and we loved them. I brought my Mama to my house just shortly before we discovered she had cancer. She didn't live long or suffer very long after we discovered she had it. Mom was always good to us kids and she lived for 37 years after Daddy died. She never did remarry. I have hopes of some day seeing them both in heaven. God tells us in His word to "Love ye one another as I have loved you" I love every one of you, Patty/redhead

13. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post
    Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Meerkat, I hope you and your son start a new relationship with one another for a long, long time. I am so glad he reached out to you. My best friend's daughter is always calling her mom and dad bad names and getting mad at them over something that usually is her own fault. I could never talk to my parents like she does. I really don't understand people like that.
    I feel like the luckiest child in the world after reading these posts. I never ever, ever, ever said a bad word about my parents or to them and they always loved me, I know, because they showed it in many ways. I was fortunate enough to sit on my fathers lap and hug him and tell him shortly before he passed away that "no matter what happens Daddy, I love you." I was never mis-treated or abused like some children. I have 3 brothers and one sister (she passed away in 2000) and we were all loved by our parents and we loved them. I brought my Mama to my house just shortly before we discovered she had cancer. She didn't live long or suffer very long after we discovered she had it. Mom was always good to us kids and she lived for 37 years after Daddy died. She never did remarry. I have hopes of some day seeing them both in heaven. God tells us in His word to "Love ye one another as I have loved you" I love every one of you, Patty/redhead
    I am like you Patty. I never said one bad word to my mom. My dad left us when I was a baby and she remarried but her second husband was abusive to us all but she was the best mom any girl ever had. Her and I were more then just parent and child we were best friends and I could talk to her about anything. I called her every week sometimes every other day and always sent her a card on her birthday and always spent Mother's day with her as well as the other holidays. When she got sick I called everyday. I was devastated the day I got the phone call the she passed away in her sleep. I always tried to be the best mom i could be. My husband never paid attention to them so even when I was married I was mom and dad to them. I always did things with them went to all their ball games, all their band things, teacher conferences and made sure they got to the doctor when they needed too. I never treated any one of them better then the other. They each got the same amount of love. The other two keep in touch but it seemed like after the oldest son got married that is when he started changing. Everyone seems to think his wife is the one keeping him from me. But I know one day God will bring him back into my life just like I know I will see my mom again when I get to heaven. I miss her so much and at times I still cry but I am happy that she is with the Lord in a better place and she is in no more pain.

15. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So happy for you. Remember it takes baby steps before you can run. Take things slowly. Hopefully things will work out with you and your son.

Post Thanks / Like
    God works many miracles all the time. I hope your relationship with your son gets better and for you as well no matter how the Lord will work it out. After 35 years, my ex and father of our son has e-mailed me and told me our son is doing just fine. I am glad and at peace knowing that and will leave it at that. For many years it was an extremely sore spot with me. Although I tried using the computer to find him, I was not getting anywhere and it was all so heartbreaking at the time. Believe it or not, the Lord can and will take care of all of your broken hearts. I know this is difficult for all of you dear ladies but, it is true. I will keep us in prayer.

Hugs, Cathy