Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  157
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm as usual trying to find my way around this site, being pretty new here, so I can't find the original thread. I hope I'm posting in the right place & am not too far behind. I see dates people posted on her so I think I'm where I should be. I'd like to offer my sympathy to you Janice (meerkat). I don't know you or most people in here very well, but a crochet or other community like this is usually supportive and close knit. I'm on one related to my son that I won't go into now, but people get to know each other pretty well in groups like this & I hope to get to know many of you better. It sounds like your husband was perhaps ill for some time, but it seems you're a Christian from what I'm reading & I am too. So I know that the Holy Spirit comforts you & I'll pray for you & yours & be thinking of you in your time of grief.

2. Likes dragondrummer, redhead liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What a lovely post, SusansSoulShines. It takes a while to get used to the site. I know as I am fairly new myself. I'd like to welcome you to this forum! I'm sure you'll find it informative....but most of all fun and loving. Everyone here is wonderfully supportive and so nice. Good people. Until we talk again, Take Good Care, Karen

4. Likes dragondrummer, redhead liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

6. Likes dragondrummer, redhead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi SusanSS, Yes my husband was sick for a long time. He broke his back in 1989 and and just kept going downhill eversense, he had a Neuragenic bladder and had to have a Catheter and bag, then about 2000 he had to have a colostomy because about 18 inches of his intestens, the nerves were dead. He fell in 2012 and broke his hip and he never walked again and was in a nursing home for a year and a Half and I finally took him out of that rotten place. Hr was home for 1 year and was bedridden. He had a hernia that got so big and that is what finally killed him. Sunday his hernia twisted and blocked his bowels and they called me from the hospital and told me to get up there quick he had to do emergency surgery or he would die, before I could get there they were prepping him for surgery and he rallied enough to ask them whaat they were doing and they said prepping him for surgery and he told them he didn't want surgery. So they took him off the medicine thaat was keeping him alive and 3 hours later he passed away.
    He was tired of hurting tired of not being able to do anything and God took him home. It was a blessing, he no longer hurts he is not tied to a catheter or a colostomy bag, he is now whole. I have to get through the funeral tomorrow, and then I can rest.

8. Thanks dragondrummer thanked for this post
    Likes redhead liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Janice, I am so sorry about your husband's passing. He has suffered so long. The only thing to say is that he is at peace. I know you will miss him. I send my sympathies and hugs and prayers. God bless you and you husband.

Judy
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 07-24-2014 at 06:41 AM.

10. Likes dragondrummer, redhead liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

12. Likes dragondrummer, redhead liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Words of Comfort

Words to comfort you:
    St. John 14: 18 I will not leave you comfortless. I will come to you.
    St. John 14: 27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

You may not be able to read these passages now with understanding because your grief is overwhelming. Later on, just pick up your Bible and read the whole Chapter 14. There may be other verses in this passage to give you relief.
    ---HarriEtta

14. Likes MeerKat, dragondrummer, redhead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice, I am still praying for you I know you will need prayers for quite a while! Praying especially for you now with the funeral and burial I know how hard that is. Put Praise God Tom is already in Heaven and I'm so happy that you have that assurance! Take care of yourself the best you can and know that you are loved by your ct family!! Love, prayers and (((hugs))) Winnie

16. Likes dragondrummer, redhead liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Please accept my sincere condolences on the death of your husband. Please know you are surrounded with loving thoughts from your many friends here. I will keep you in my prayers as you travel the difficult journey of grieving for a loved one.
    Auntie Alice

18. Likes dragondrummer, redhead liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry for your loss, Meerkat. I dread the day it happens to me. (My DH is 17 years my senior and not in the best of health). Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Carol

20. Likes redhead liked this post