Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

RAOK For Redhead

Redhead has received the news that all women dread... breast cancer. Please join me and send her a RAOK to help her through this trial. If you have been on here any length of time you know her she is the nicest, sweetest woman and a small gift, a card, or just a letter of hope would be appreciated. So everyone please show redhead that we love her and wish her the best. We can all pray for her and that is a great gift. Her real name is:
    Patty Mundell
    1960 So 19th St.
    Terre Haute, IN 47802

2. Thanks aporfirio, redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for letting us know. I definitely will be a part of wishing her well in any way I can. She is a sweetheart. Prayers are going out to her right now.

Roe

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patti I respect you and care for you as a friend. You hang in there. We all are Praying & Love You. Hugs xoxoxox

Susan M J /susan2014

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, Keep thinking positive thoughts during your treatment and believe in the power of crocheting or knitting. I was very lucky we caught my breast cancer at stage 1. I went through interoperative radiation treatment. Meaning I met the criteria for this type of treatment. I had 1 large dose of radiation to the area I had my lumpectomy. Check out all of your options and listen to your doctors. Wait until after you have talked to your doctors about the type of breast cancer you have and treatment they are suggesting before you google breast cancer. Google can scare the daylights out of you with some things that my not pertain to you. I firmly believe crocheting helped my daughter and I keep our sanity. My tabby decided I needed Purr therapy too. Believe in yourself because you are stronger than you think you are. Your and your family are in our prayers and thoughts.
    Barb

8. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with you, Patty. Thanks Faye.

10. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with you Patty.

12. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Redhead has received the news that all women dread... breast cancer. Please join me and send her a RAOK to help her through this trial. If you have been on here any length of time you know her she is the nicest, sweetest woman and a small gift, a card, or just a letter of hope would be appreciated. So everyone please show redhead that we love her and wish her the best. We can all pray for her and that is a great gift. Her real name is:
    Patty Mundell
    1960 So 19th St.
    Terre Haute, IN 47802
    Faye, i have done so well up to now and you just made me cry when I just now , this minute saw this on here! I totally lost it...it was such a surprise. They were tears of joy tho, not sadness. To think that so many people love me is overwhelming....there I go again!!!! I can't stop crying. I will get it under control in a minute. I was wondering about you and hadn't heard from you in a while. I very seldom get on Facebook so I lost track of you. I knew you would be doing something like this tho...it is so YOU! Thank you so much! I am getting excited now...I wonder if the mailman has gone yet!!! Oh I love you all soooo much I can never express my feelings right now! I was busy trying to keep the Shirleys and Shirlys straightened out in my mind and going thru looking for their posts to help me identify each one and saw this post and had to check it out! ..... I have been up since about 5:30 this AM when my son got up for work and now I am getting hungry so I guess I should eat something.... and then go and see if the mailman has gone yet! I love you! I love you!I love you!!! everyone!!!!!!!Thank you all for all the kind words and your prayers, Patty

UPDATE! UPDATE!

I WENT TO THE DOCTOR (SURGEON ) YESTERDAY. Surgery is scheduled for the 21st of July. I am so greatly relieved after talking to her. She is so nice to talk to and explained in great detail what I am eligible for, what kind of surgery and treatments, etc. She seems to be a real caring person. I was told she has done most of the breast surgeries in our hospital here with really good results. I am going to have a lumpectomy. This cancer is labeled as a stage II 2a. (There is a difference in STAGE and GRADE). She explained that I could have a mastectomy or a lumpectomy and either one still not keep it from coming back but doesn't mean it WILL come back tho. But she did say I can am a good candidate for a lumpectomy and said she wouldn't say that, if she didn't really believe it would work for me. I asked how long it might take me to recover from surgery and she said probably at least 2 weeks, but close to that and I would be up doing things I want to do. For the treatments afterwards, I should be able to drive myself there to have them. I really don't understand everything at this point but I am greatly relieved after my visit with her.

I felt like I literally had everything thrown at me yesterday. My head was spinning when I left the last doctor's offices. I was at several places. I was gone from home from about 10:00AM until almost 4:00PM.

I had an EKG, a chest x-ray to rule out lung cancer because I was worried about that because of this cough I have and both My mom and my sister died from lung cancer. And I had blood lab work done. I saw another doctor for my back problem (That was a different apptmt ) and she ordered an MRI for the 17th of July. They are part of the hospital and so they did the X-ray and blood work.

I had been awake since about 4:00AM and was so tired and sleepy I felt like a zombie! Also hadn't eaten anything because if they want to do any tests I wanted to be able to do them while I was there. Good thing I had not eaten or they couldn't have done some tests without scheduling a return visit. I will keep you all posted as everything progresses as much as I can. I appreciate your prayers.I know God still has his hands on me ! Love, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 07-09-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone loves you and my RAOK will be there soon. love and hugs

15. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, may the peace of God rest upon you and may He heal you completely. This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen. Sending (((LOTS of HUGS)))

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

17. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello aporfirio, I just want to let you know I got your letter today. It was very encouraging. I am so glad you wrote to me. I appreciate all the advice you had to offer. It is very sound advice too. I think My favorite verse in the Bible is the 23rd psalm. I have always loved it. I will put the pretty book-mark in that place in my Bible. I love that little pink book-mark and will think of you every time I see it . I hope everything goes well with you too and that you get a good report when the time comes. Looks like you have a little way to go yet but we have to keep a positive outlook on everything don't we. Sending love and prayers your way ,Patty

19. Thanks aporfirio thanked for this post