Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by giftedchild View Post
    Hi boodamomx6,

I find your confession amusing So the music or audio book helps you focus more on the counting of stitches eh? It's different with me. When I work or crochet, I always want it quiet or with lesser noise than usual. I don't know why but I used to like listening to music while I worked in my previous office. Now that I'm working at home, I don't want that much noise anymore. If I listen to audio books or music now, know that I'm already relaxing my mind and my body. Maybe that's just a sign of getting old ha ha!
    Yes, when I am working on something for the first time or the directions are long, or confusing I have to have silence. I can't watch T.V. or listen to music or have talking...I have to be able to completely concentrate on what I am reading. For me that's just my own comprehension problem.
    I also love to take my crocheting with me to appts. Like yesterday I took my Aztek in to get serviced. Didn't know how long it was going to take since they weren't sure what was wrong with it. I had started my first preemie gown for charity the day before so I thought hey, I'd take that...I sat there for like two hours just working on that and I almost got it finished.
    Over the years a lot of times I will be working on something at different appts and people tend to ask me about it...of course I am excited to show them what I do and occasionally will offer them my business card. It is definitely an excellent conversation piece. I've even taken stuff with me to work on during my breaks when I was working. Not very often though. Sometimes people would hire me to make stuff, but when project was finished didn't wanna pay for it. This is frustrating.
    So yeah I can relate and appreciate what your saying.
    Angel

2. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Angel,
    The next time someone asks you to make something for them, take a deposit (not refundable) for the cost of the yarn at least. It's really a shame that some people just don't know what goes into a hand crafted project, no matter what the item is.
    I also take projects with me to appointments that I know that will take a while.

4. Likes sarah1313 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We also get temps in the summer months up to 98 and that's not in the sun. Not comfy to crochet then outside.

Joy FullyJewels 2 by CraftsPlusByCarynJoy on Etsy

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never crocheted outdoors. But it would be great to sit out in a comfy chair and crochet.
    Will have to try it.

7. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also made things for people that have not taken them so now when I make something they have to give me the money for the yarn and if they don't take it then I try to sell it to someone else. I also take my crocheting with me when I go somewhere that why it passes the time better.

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. I thought about crocheting outside, but the weather's been so great here in Michigan, that I can't resist catching up on all my romance novels while getting some sun. Maybe after I've fried my skin enough.....lol

11. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carynjoyb View Post
    Hi Angel,
    The next time someone asks you to make something for them, take a deposit (not refundable) for the cost of the yarn at least. It's really a shame that some people just don't know what goes into a hand crafted project, no matter what the item is.
    I also take projects with me to appointments that I know that will take a while.
    Yeah it's sad to have to do that, but I agree...you just can't trust people anymore. I remember when all you had to do was give your word. Your word was your bond. Or back in the day when you just shook hands and called it good. Not anymore.

13. Likes Carynjoyb, libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, like most here I carry it everywhere I go. Drive my husband crazy. Expecially if I have been working on a project while traveling in the truck and then I come home and 'rip' it out because I missed a stitch....I like to crochet outside too.

15. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa,

Howdie back at ya! Crocheting outside this time of year has it's benefits for the local birds. I take all my yarn scraps, split them up into strands and throw them in the yard for the birds to use to build there nests. My birds have the best decorated nests in the neighborhood! LOL

17. Likes Theresa L, Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL; that's great! See recycle does pay off! Hey maybe you can create a birdfeeder to go w/ their nests....to the best decoreated nests in the neighbourhood....have a great one....

19. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post