Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Summer Gardening

This is the place to share our garden talk! What's happening in your garden? Please share your ideas, tips and discoveries in the world of gardening. Enjoy!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    The purple morning glories appear every year wrapping themselves around the fencing of one of my gardens. In the past, they've intertwined among a rosebush and mingled contently. A flowering vine that needs little care, yet thrives profusely!
    My dusty millers reappear every year too! Most survived the winter and their dusty white beauty continues to shine brightly.
    The purple queens are hardy and I transplanted some earlier this season. They are perennials too. What a beautiful plant!
    Irises and gladiolus are in my flower gardens too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Up until last year I just wasn't interested in doing any gardening. When we first moved to the woods I had a great bid huge garden made. Well, actually Harry and I made it. We built it up with railroad ties. Then we called a guy for BLACK dirt. Oh he brought dirt all right. Dirt, and glass, and weeds, and barbed wire. Not rich loamy dirt like I expected or paid for. Harry said it wouldn't matter so don't call him and fight for the money back. What??? He said because it was a small community. I still don't get it, but that's what I did. So I carefully went through the dirt pulling out all of the undesirable things in there, and then I planted. I nourished the soil first. Nothing grew well. I didn't get so much as 1 tomato. Not one!. I think I got 2 cucs. Very few beans. It was all very disappointing. So after a couple of years it became the area where we built our fire pit for summer camp fires.
    Last year with my swimming pool gardens I was successful, and encouraged, and blessed with many good things. And a gardener was made!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Butterflyrose,
    I have a couple of plants growing in our back yard and don't know what they are. Our garden is in the front yard. Besides that something ate some of our bean plants and part of a pepper plant. It was probably a rabbit. The cucumber plants have holes in the leaves probably from bugs. Another one of the pepper plants is smaller than the other ones and don't know if anything is going to come of it and one of the squash plants doesn't look like it's going to get any bigger which is o.k. because we have other squash plants. I had replanted 4 garlic and I can only see one and I had replanted 2 potato pieces and I know they're by the squash but I'm not exactly sure where. I have 4 brussels sprouts plants that I had cages over them but I took off 3 of the cages so maybe they'll get more energy from the sun. Sounds like I'm being a little negative. bye for now , Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    All of my veggies/herbs have been planted from seed this year. The basil in my "salad bowl" and on my window seat is growing beautifully The tomato plants are growing by leaps and bounds and the cucumbers are leafy and strong. Garden beans and mini sweet peppers are growing steadily too! Several leaves of salad blend are growing and there are signs of spinach and chives. I'm excited about my gardens!

May God bless all the gardens!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today, we've had a very good rainfall. So much so that the thunder and rain awaken me! Thank God, for this rain will help the vegetation and cool down the temp. Today, I've worked a bit in my yard and checked my gardens. The squash on my window seat is growing taller! And I see a bit more spinach(container garden) and parsley (greenhouse)growing!

Post Thanks / Like
    does anybody have any idea what these are? They're growing in my back yard.

Summer Gardening-clouds-trees-flowers-etc-001-jpg Summer Gardening-clouds-trees-flowers-etc-002-jpg Summer Gardening-clouds-trees-flowers-etc-003-jpg

My husband said these are weeds and to pull them out from the roots.
    Jean Marie
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-13-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    our garden
    Summer Gardening-clouds-trees-flowers-etc-064-jpg Summer Gardening-clouds-trees-flowers-etc-065-jpg Summer Gardening-clouds-trees-flowers-etc-066-jpg Summer Gardening-clouds-trees-flowers-etc-067-jpg Summer Gardening-clouds-trees-flowers-etc-068-jpg

The 3rd picture is garlic

9. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The gardens all look so fresh and lovely. I have no idea what those things growing in the back yard. I hope they aren't an invasive something. I have to go out and weed mine tomorrow. The little tiny heads of weeds are popping up now, best get them before they become big heads. Then I will take pictures of everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now, my interest has turned to growing peppers! I've already planted mini sweet peppers. Planting bell, serrano and jalapeno will be next. Happy Gardening!