Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 5 of 17 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean, wow those are some amazing videos of tomatoes! We have a lot of tomatoes on our vines not red yet but soon!! Can hardly wait. We have a couple that are over 5' I really need to take some pictures of how much the garden has grown maybe I can do side by side before and after. The squash is really taking off so is the zucchini and edemame. Just planted more beets and green beans yummy green beans cooked with ham and potatoes!! How is your garden doing? Any more bunny incidents? So far all we have lost are two rose bushes, the deer ate them for a late night snack!! Happy Gardening Jean! Have a good night love and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie/Linda,
    I had planted some more green beans and they're starting to appear above ground. We have some squash, jalapeno peppers and banana peppers starting. We've had some basil. The garden is growing. What is edemame? I saw a video on epsom salt, aspirin and baking soda to help plants. The aspirin is to trick the tomato plants so they will grow stronger and someone else lets their tomato plants grow without a tomato cage so they'll be stronger. No, no more bunny incidents.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like

Summer Gardening

Summer Gardening-image-jpgSummer Gardening-image-jpgSummer Gardening-image-jpgSummer Gardening-image-jpgHi Jean edamame are green soy beans we eat them dry and lightly salted for a snack! Yes my daughter keeps meaning to try the Epsom salts but then forgets I have heard a lot of good things about using it for veggies and flowers. Our herbs are growing like crazy we are constantly drying and jarring it, not complaining though we use a lot of herbs. I'm going to try and post some pics of the garden we just took. Pictures are cabbage, tomatoes, edamame and yellow squash.
    Last edited by Winnie2013; 06-20-2014 at 02:32 PM.

4. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Summer Gardening

Summer Gardening-image-jpgSummer Gardening-image-jpgSummer Gardening-image-jpgSummer Gardening-image-jpgSummer Gardening-image-jpg. Our little boy and girl scarecrows, zucchini, cabbages and two pictures of the black berry bushes they are loaded with berries. Sorry I didn't post before pics of garden we are getting dinner ready :-) Very happy with the garden right now of course I couldn't post pics of everything but if we can keep the bugs from eating the veggies we will be fine. It is actually getting ready to storm sure hope it brings rain and not just thunder and lightening!! Have a good evening and happy gardening to all!! Hugs Winnie

6. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    A yellow zucchini was in the yard. Some animal had gotten it.
    J M

Post Thanks / Like
    I am out of town for a few days. I am at my aunt's and cousin's . He had the most magnificent flowery garden. Huge plants planted among large rocks, and rusty implements. Nothing is blooming yet. He lives even farther North than I do. With the non-existent Spring and all of the wet weather I am surprised how well it looks. He has the touch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    I picked a yellow zucchini tonight. Our first veg. from the garden besides basil. Some of the green beans that didn't come up after I planted whether it was bunnies or from rain gives me more walking room in the garden. Last night I planted the rest of the package of green beans which wasn't a whole lot and I used some of the potting mix when planting some of the beans and I still have some of the other green bean plants and I put grass clippings around the plants and between the rows again.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Dear Gardeners! Congrats on your lovely gardens and bounty reaped from your harvests!

My gardens are green, leafy, flowering and growing. Watermelon seeds have been planted and there are 2 seedlings at this time. More cantaloupes are above ground, about 4" tall. There are pepper(sweet, serrano, habanero) and tomato plants galore! Basil is fragrant and bountiful too! The corn stalks are growing rapidly. There is lots of broccoli growing. Lettuce is growing and the leaves are beautiful. The salad blend is taking its time to mature so I've planted more to have a continuous harvest. The cucumbers plants are leafy and green with lots of flowers. Will I be ever so excited to pick my first harvest!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Butterflyrose,
    Watermelon Pie Recipe - Allrecipes.com
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    My tiger lilies are blooming along with
    purple sage, & Chinese dogwood. Everything looks beautiful.