Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  22
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have several frangipani trees in the yard giving off an array of colors, a coconut tree that has several coconuts on it. I have a fig bush that is loaded with figs. There is a papaya tree growing and full of fruit in my back yard... I didn't plant that one, I guess a critter dropped a seed somewhere along the way, and it sprouted and is now about 15' high. There are an abundance of banana trees growing, 2 have stalks of bananas right now. I just started planting seeds a couple of weeks ago for cucumber, watermelon, pumpkin, summer squash, spinach, oregano, mammoth sunflowers. eggplant, cantaloupe, beans, and dark green zucchini. This is my first year trying to plant seeds, soooooo..... if there is any veggies from the above mentioned.... I will be so happy! lol And in the mean time I will enjoy watching things grow and listening to my Budgies (parakeets) singing and raising their babies. There is one nest that has 10 eggs and one hatched 2 days ago. It is so sweet, the size of your pinkie tip, and the same color when they hatch. Another budgie nest just emptied. It had 4 babies, one lutino (solid yellow with red eyes) and three green budgies.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a morning glories, a bed of lily of the valley and tulips. Also have a basket of mums on my front steps.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When the storm came and twisted our house, we had to dig up all the bushes around the house to get at the basement walls that were caving in. I am waiting for the brick layers to come and put the brick on the front of the house so we can get busy with the lawn and landscaping. I would love to put in some flowering bushes such as Rhododendrons, they have such a beautiful pink flower, flowering Wiegela, have beautiful pink/burgundy flowers that bloom late spring and summer, Bleeding heart flowers, and maybe some Fuschia. I do have a flower bed with pansies, cone flowers, columbines, iris (purple and yellow), tiger lillies, day lillies, hostas, holly hocks, mums, daffodils, flowering chive and I just planted some chinese lanterns that I got seed from my mom so I am hoping they come up.

6. Likes MeerKat, Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I helped my neighbor last night and she gave me so peonese flowers so I put them in water.

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those Peonies are so pretty. Mom use to have some in her yard but she killed them by praying the ants that were all over them. They need the ants to keep them alive.

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Those Peonies are so pretty. Mom use to have some in her yard but she killed them by praying the ants that were all over them. They need the ants to keep them alive.
    Hi Janice,
    I have them in a vase w/water.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are Pretty aren't they. What color are they?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Meerkat,
    3 big white ones, 2 big pink ones and a smaller white one, 2 pink buds and 1 white bud and the white flowers have a darker bright pink/purple on them. Some petals came off of the one white flower and I saw something red crawling on it. Hope I got it.
    What trees or plants do you have planted where you live?-penese-flowers-001-jpg What trees or plants do you have planted where you live?-penese-flowers-002-jpg

Jean Marie

14. Likes little drummer, Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those are pretty aren't they. Have you ever tried putting an aspirin in the water, they last longer. Also 7UP helps keep flowers alive longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Meerkat,
    No, I haven't. I haven't heard of that. If you look at the above picture that I posted you can see peacock feathers in the back.
    Jean