Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    This home, ranch style, is about 1600 sq ft. It has 3 bedrooms (the master bedroom, the guest room and the third is currently an exercise room), 3 bath, living room, dining room, office(used for my other craft - beading), walk thru pantry with a second refrig, an oversize 2 car garage that has my washer, dryer and a workshop area. There are ceiling fans in all rooms (with the exception of the dining room pantry and bathrooms), even one in the workshop and 2 out on the back patio which measures 34'x19' followed by a 17' x28' swimming pool. A lot of tropical plants on the patio as well as in the yard. This year I am trying my hand at a vegetable garden. I am very comfortable here, although sometimes it gets overwhelming to keep up. Should I ever share this place with someone, I would feel it is too small....there is no room for anyone else's stuff. lol -janine

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a shoebox house! Haha it's 3 bedrooms but we are very limited on space. But, I guess that just keeps us all closer

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Our house is comfortable. It is a 3 bedroom home. It fits my husband and me just fine, but when the children come home it gets a little crowded. My in-laws do not entertain anymore as their health is failing so we do all the entertaining for holidays. That means, our children, their children, my mother and father in-law, and my husband's brothers and their families. It does get tight, but we manage. We added a family room on to the west of the house a year ago and that really helped.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara: Congratulations on your home!! I lived in an apartment only once in my life - at college (UCSB)!

When I married my husband had a tiny, tiny 1 bdrm home by the beach. I got pregnant immediately and he decided we needed a bigger home. Had to leave the beach area (which I regret - I really miss it!) but we got more house for our $. Ended up in a 3 bdrm. home but to me it's still small compared to everyone else's. Our home has only 1138 sq ft. Now that the kids are gone it's all right for the two of us but I still wish I had more space for my stash - it's taking over the house!!

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our home is a 2000 sq. ft. cedar Cape Cod. It has three bedrooms, but I am using one of the upstairs ones as my closet room. The second floor, large master bedroom has a cathedral ceiling with a stained glass ceiling fan. There are 2 ceiling fans in the family room and one in the guest room. The first floor has the kitchen, and L-shaped dining/family room, the guest room and 1-1/2 baths, with the laundry in the 1/2 bath. The second floor has two bedrooms and a full bath and we have a full basement. Too full actually! I need to start getting rid of stuff. There is a deck that runs the entire length of the back of the house and a small deck-type porch on the front. We have three acres of mostly woods, not much yard to cut and two creeks. There is a 300 ft. gravel driveway that drops down from the end of a cul-de-sac street and across a creek and up to the house. We have to keep a four-wheel-drive vehicle (Jeep) so we can get out in the winter if it snows too much for our van to make it out. It is a lot of upkeep, but we call it our little piece of Heaven. I would rather have a brick house, because the woodpeckers love to make holes in it!! My husband has to keep up with them by caulking the holes! I've hinted about moving, but have a TON of STUFF I need to get rid of before we could ever move. It is really beautiful here though, so I guess we'll be staying a while longer. ~~ Hugs, Jo
    Attachment 9159 Attachment 9158 Attachment 9160
    Attachment 9161
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

10. Likes little drummer, Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in a small two bedroom, row house. But after years of living in a high-rise, this is perfect. The living room is rather small but I do like this place. Have a laundry room and finished room in the basement. Just a small yard with a patio outside. I also have an outside storage shed which is handy. I am trying to decide what to do in the finished room in the basement, a craft space perhaps.

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I currently live in a trailer, and it is a tad bit too small for my liking, but it also makes cleaning easier. I would love to have more storage space and shelves/cabinets/cupboards, however.

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd say our house fits us pretty well, except for the stairs! My knees really hate those. We redesigned our kitchen about 15 years ago and added about 10 feet onto the back of the house. It has made a world of difference. We will likely be moving away from here within the next 5 years and I will miss the kitchen the most. It was fun to design!
    Auntie Alice

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    While living with family, I have a bedroom that is really starting to get cramped. They were planning on having the basement done like a mother-in-law apartment, but money is not there, so all my things are in totes and boxes. Probably should start donating or have a big garage sale to get rid of some of the items.