Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are looking for the 100% cotton yarn in black, you might want to take a look at either
    Spring Sale 25 off Organic Cotton yarn jet black by crochetgal

or
    Creme de la Creme Black Cotton Yarn pack of 3 by crochetgal

I also carry the black crochet thread in the size 10.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Anaisa and Mamarose22 - for some reason today when I did a search for the Sugar and Creme black cone yarn I got a hit... here is the website just incase you are interested... https://www.createforless.com/

I ordered 10 cones because I want to make a new canopy and a dust ruffle this time... for my king-size canopy bed... if your order is more than $100.00 you get free shipping... hope this helps you...beverly (can't wait to get it...)

Quote Originally Posted by Beviboo View Post
    Anaisa, Yes I do know about the wrought iron crochet and love, love the look...but haven't been able to find the thread for it. I have a king size blace wrought iron canopy bed that I crocheted a white scalloped canopy around the top of years ago and would love to replace it with the black version... I used 'Peaches and Cream' 14oz cone in white to make it but haven't been able to find the same thing in black, even on line. I just googled it and came up with a few websites but they were all for the same books. I can make up my own pattern I just need to find the black yarn; have you been able to find a supply? If so, would you let me know where it is?...thx beverly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mamarose22... see the message I just sent to Anaisa concerning the black Sugar and Creme cone yarn... I finally found it today...beverly

Quote Originally Posted by mamarose22 View Post
    Here is a link for some free wrought iron crochet patterns. The thread suggested is Lily double quick. I made the grape place mat in the very late 50's. I think I used speed crosheen. I'm not sure if it is still available but I believe no. 3 crochet thread is the equivalent.
    Wrought Iron Crochet, Lily Design Book No. 74 | Free Crochet Patterns

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Everyone! It is nice to know what others are doing. I love to crochet (almost 14 baby blankies since I retired in Oct. 2011). I bake cookies, cinnamon rolls and banana bread regularly. I got a Kindle for my birthday last year and have been reading AND playing Easy Word and Word Crossings which are addictive! But it keeps your brain functioning!!!! Since I am home this summer I am doing much more yard work and having dirt therapy! We have Lola, a Staffordshire terrier, and she keeps me company and busy cleaning up dog hair!!!