Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes there is nothing worse than the possibility of letting myself feel bored and I am happy to say I never ever felt bored even once in my life. I will always find something to do. Oh wow Kai Sensei, you like Narnia! Great, I love it too plus Harry Potter and the Lords of The Rings (in fact all Tolkien), do you like those as well? What kind of music do you like Drice1976? I like to sing too, and my favorite song is Hero by Mariah Carey.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fairynatb View Post
    Yes there is nothing worse than the possibility of letting myself feel bored and I am happy to say I never ever felt bored even once in my life. I will always find something to do. Oh wow Kai Sensei, you like Narnia! Great, I love it too plus Harry Potter and the Lords of The Rings (in fact all Tolkien), do you like those as well? What kind of music do you like Drice1976? I like to sing too, and my favorite song is Hero by Mariah Carey.
    I'm not much into HP or LOTR. I haven't had the time to read them. Though I do like reading Folk Tales, Mythology, and Romance with a touch of mystery. LOL. I remember when I was in college, I would hang out at the library during my spare time and devour (yes DEVOUR!) books like mad. I also like light chick lit especially from Sophie Kinsella.

LOL. Ok this gives me an idea for a new thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a movie buff and whenever I have spare time, it's either I'm downloading movies or watching them. I've watched the HP series religiously and never get tired of watching re-runs on HBO Now I'm eagerly awaiting the last part (I think they're making them into 2 parts though) of the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Apart from knitting, and looking after three little children, I don't have a huge amount of time for anything else! I do really enjoy cooking and baking though, and regularly make scones and cakes with the kids. I'm also trying to get them interested in food and cooking by helping me prepare the family meals so that they will grow up knowing how to cook and fend for themselves! My other main interest is family history and genealogy. I have traced my family back over 300 years but there is nothing very interesting, more's the pity!

Post Thanks / Like
    @ Caledonia1972 Wow! That is SOMETHING! I've never thought about tracing my family history, and up to 300 years at that! Maybe there was nothing interesting for you now as you see things from your perspective, but maybe your ancestors had different things to say back then. This is something I really need to try for myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Genealogy is such a fascinating hobby. My family immigrated here on both sides so there isn't much to research here in the States. I haven't even considered how I would go about investigating the history in Europe. My father's homeland, Yugoslavia, doesn’t technically even exist anymore.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talking about genealogy, well, I also always wanted to retrace my family back to its beginnings but it was not so easy. Some of my ancestors were carpenters aboard vessels that sailed to island colonies from France so the record of their name sometimes got lost. Yet another of my ancestor is believed to have been a slave and so we know only her first name. Having said that, I still have retraced a lot of my ancestors thanks to my grandad...he passed away ten years ago.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well, hard as I try, this genealogy thing won't work for me anymore since all my parents and grandparents have passed. I'll just have to content myself with my current hobbies - watching movies, reading books, surfing the net, baking, cooking, etc. Anyway, those are enough to keep me busy I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    I too have thought how neat it would be to trace your ancestors way back, maybe I'm related to royalty, who knows. I'm sort of the same way all my parents and grandparents have passed and It would be a full time job to search the lineage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to do beadwork with seed beads, but it's very time consuming and my eyes aren't what they used to be lol.