Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Bereavement - sorry for my tardiness in replying to messages

Hello everyone -

I have tried to figure out a way to post an open message to my friends on my own profile page, but haven't been able to.
    So, please forgive me for posting it in the forums. I still have not learned how to navigate here very well. Sorry!

As some of you may have noticed, I have been away here for awhile. I have spent the last several weeks taking care of my old dog, Opal Ann, who had cancer. Sadly, over these last few weeks her condition deteriorated to the point that I had to make the very difficult decision to let her go. I have been in a terrible depression since that time and not really up to working on any of my crochet projects or even coming online. I forced myself to try to make this post though, so my friends would not think they were being ignored or forgotten, especially those who left private messages for me during my absence.

To some people "it was just an animal"..... but to me she was my "baby"! I am as heartbroken over this loss as I would be for the loss of any family member. She was a very important member of my family and I am grieving for her still. She passed on April 23rd but it still feels like it was only yesterday to me. When she died she took a piece of my heart with her. Such a great emptiness..... an emptiness than only other animal/pet lovers can understand. And even though some will say "She was just a dog"...... I know that D-O-G is an anagram of G-O-D! I don't think that is simply a coincidence either! God gave us dogs to love and care for us as an example of His pure and perfect love. Some people say dogs don't go to Heaven.... but I know they MUST be there waiting for us when it is our turn to meet our heavenly Father.... because what kind of "heaven" could it be without our beloved pets there to greet us when we depart this earthly world? If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. That is the only "Heaven" for me.... to be reunited with ALL my family one day, even the pets who went before me.

Thank you all for your understanding. Please keep me in your prayers.
    Depression has a way of getting a terrible grip on you when you have
    lost someone you love. Since I have little human family my animals mean
    a great deal to me and I know it may be some time yet before I am able
    to cope with this terribly great loss.

Your friend,
    Donna

Plus on apprend a connaître l’homme, plus on apprend à estimer le chien.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry for your loss and I agree they are not just a dog. Like you I haven't any family close to me. My children live out of state and I take care of my husband. So all I have is My Baby. You get so attached to them and they are part of your family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awe, so understand how hard, and what a huge loss Opal Ann's passing is for you. My sincere sympathies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I so understand how you feel, my kitties are like family to me. Last year we had to set free 2 beloved furry souls, Tabby (who was 17 1/2) and Tiger (19 1/2) . I still miss them, having had them in our lives for so long. In Sept, a stray mama kitty brought us 4 kittens, and we kept 2 of them. Along with our 14 yr old kitty, they make for a bit of distraction, but I still miss Tiger and Tabby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Donna! Sorry to hear about this...Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about the passing of little Opal Ann. She was still an integral part of your life and that is what counts and will always be in your heart.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Donna,

Thank you for confiding is us and sorry to hear about your dog. They can become so close to us, almost just as close as our children when they are smaller. I am sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Post Thanks / Like
    so very sorry for your loss. prayers sent that you will soon be lifted from this terrible sadness and rejoice in happy memories

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Donna, I am so sorry to hear of Opal Ann's passing! I will pray The Lord will give you strength to carry this burden. We love our fur babies they become a huge part of our lives. I have a Persian cat who is 6 yrs old she follows me just like a puppy plus she has to sleep with me and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's so peaceful to have them snuggled up to you. I understand what you are going through as I'm sure many others do and we grieve with you over your loss. It won't be easy but you will get through this difficult time with Gods help. I'm sure He knows the grief you feel and He wants to ease your pain. Love, prayers and hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Our pets love us unconditionally. They make us happy when we are sad, and are the best. May every new dawn bring new hope and strength, and may you soon find comfort in the memories of all the things that made your pet special.