Hi. I am an avid walker, currently do between five to ten miles a day, depending where I am heading to. Sometimes I go out more than once a day. I am a retired widow and love to walk, started walking daily about 14 years ago and as I walked more, it got easier and the mileage grew. It relieves a lot of tension and clears my mind. I do small shopping, you wouldn't believe what I can carry home (one time it was 68 skeins of yarn from the local goodwill store about 1 1/2 miles away). I do have an SUV but rarely and I mean rarely drive it. Due to personal circumstances, I don't need to anymore so I walk everywhere. Unless it is torrential rain or a blizzard I am out there, in every season. You meet a lot of nice people when you walk and I am often asked, "where are you walking to today" when I see the same people also walking. Also, at almost $4 a gallon for regular gas in my area, it is another reason to walk.

Walking is fun, inexpensive, makes you feel really good. I am joining your walking club. Keep calm and walk on.

Roe