Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  41
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies, we are off to a great start /continuing the fitness journey. Each day that we walk is a * in our road to fitness. We Can Do It! Cheering for you all the way!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    That all sound wonderful. Count me in. Mine will be a little different for a while. I am getting ready for a garage sale and my niece is helping my get things
    ready. She is 59 and is a diabetic (me too). So both of us need it. We both need to lose weight. But we have been running up and down the basement stairs
    getting things for the sale. It will be next weekend. So we will get a lot in. Will riding my adult tricycle count. as I will be going back to that when we get
    everything together. (if it is before sale) if after sale I will start riding it then I ride about a mile and a quarter a day.
    Catch you later.
    Hugs
    Charlye

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Really out of shape!

Didn't realize how really out of shape I had gotten until I tried to walk a quarter mile yesterday! Only made it about half way around the quarter mile track near my house before I nearly collapsed. Oh well, it's a start and I know if I just keep at it I'll be doing miles before I know it. Thanks for the encouragement, Butterflyrose. Will go out again today and try for that quarter mile!!!

4. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dragondrummer;131217]Didn't realize how really out of shape I had gotten until I tried to walk a quarter mile yesterday! :p Only made it about half way around the quarter mile track near my house before I nearly collapsed. Oh well, it's a start and I know if I just keep at it I'll be doing miles before I know it. Thanks for the encouragement, Butterflyrose. Will go out again today and try for that quarter mile!!! :D[/QUOTE]

You are definitely on the right track (no pun intended, LOL). The more you walk, the easier it gets and the more mileage you will do. That's how I ended up going the distances I do, I would walk, then the next day or so, try a little more and then more and before I knew it, I was walking quite a bit. Just take it at your own pace. You can do it!!!!

Roe

6. Thanks dragondrummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Me again. Wanted to add one thing, other than remembering to take water when you walk, especially outside, please remember to have identification with emergency contacts with you. Not that we plan to have anything happen but it is a good idea. Recently, in the next county over from me, a jogger was hit by a car and she had no identification on her when they took her to the hospital. It took over four hours before they were able to identify her, her family knew her routine and when she didn't return at the usual time, they started looking for her and finally found out what happened.

I don't mean to scare anyone but I just wanted to pass on a bit of info. Take care and happy walking no matter where you walk.

Roe

8. Thanks dragondrummer, Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Likes DinahRoberts, Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Walking for fitness

I would like to join in on the Walking for fitness. I have been dieting for 3 wks. and lost 8 lbs. I think the walking would be a great help. I have 22 lbs. more lbs. I need to lose. I downloaded a free app from amazon called LOSE IT. It helps me keep track of calories. If anyone needs to lose weight, I recommend this app.

10. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Likes dragondrummer, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a basket on my Tricycle and carry my billfold and water both even when my hubby and I go together. Love my Trike. My walking today was taking my sister who is in a wheel char to the DR. It is a challenge with both chair and Oxygen tank but today I strapped the oxygen to the chair rather then dragging the tank on it's dolly. Much easier. But I almost fell down her ramp (raining out made it slick) But did pull my shoulder out catching my self. I have about 50 lb to lose so I am there with those who have weight to lose too. Good night for now

12. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Do be careful, Charlye! Hope your shoulder is all right. I did fall yesterday - tripped over a stray dog at the track where I walk. Bruised my left knee pretty badly and will probably not walk today or tomorrow until the swelling goes down a bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye and Dragondrummer, I am so sorry to hear that you injured yourselves. Please take the necessary time needed to heal. I will be praying for both of you to recover speedily.(((Hugs))

Thanks for the Tips Charlye and Dragondrummer:

*carry water
    *ID(billfold), in case of an emergency
    and I want to add, *carry a cell phone for emergency purposes

Jaa, welcome to the walking club. What diet plan are you using?

Today I walked a longer distance than yesterday. It felt so good.! After returning home, I did some gardening= more exercise for me! I noticed my bike(bought and last ridden in 2011) in the garage and eventually I hope to add it to my fitness program.

Ladies, by taking One Step at a time, we will reach our goals! Keep up the Good Work!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

15. Thanks dragondrummer thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to join your walking club too! I have arthritic knees but have been told that walking gently will actually lessen the pain. Also, my little Yorkie/Poodle mix will be healthier if I walk her regularly. Thanks for the encouragement!
    Auntie Alice

17. Thanks Butterflyrose thanked for this post
    Likes dragondrummer, Butterflyrose liked this post