Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Is Hospice care an option for you? Have you searched for any volunteer services available for caregivers? My father-in-law found lots of help while caring for his wife who had MS. Hospice is not a death sentence; it is meant to give comfort to the ill and the care givers. If you are a member of the church, have you asked the deacons to spend an hour with your husband regularly so that you could take a walk or something? Please find a way to reach out. Doing this alone is beyond difficult. There are many loving and generous people in the world who could help. I actually hired some Certified Nurse Assistants to come in so I could go out on occasion. Please, please, do take care of yourself! You are the only one who can!!
    Auntie Alice

2. Thanks Lili thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat I finally got connected to CT ( line problems and Im one to being in trouble) kinda funny? I assume he is home by now. Wish I does not help you Hiney so Prayers & good relaxed thoughts sent your way. Glad to see you on CT, you have friends here that care. HUGS & Love with Prayers

Susan MJ (pm if you can you know ? )

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if Hospice would help but I have to take Tom to the Dr next week and I am going to ask him. I brought him home from the hospital and can't get him to do anything. He is a mess. . He won't leave me alone he keeps pestering me.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 04-25-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with the dr next week and it can't hurt to ask about hospice or perhaps if he can suggest something. Is your husband on Medicare or do you have other insurance? Not trying to be over-nosy but wondering if anyone from the insurance companies could actually tell you what other services you may be entitled to receive.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Your not being nosey, he is on Medicare and Aetna insurance from where he worked. I called about getting him another Dr. This Dr he has now, wants to take him off morphine which he has been on for 5 years. Plus he wont prescribe him any nerve pills. Which he needs not everyday but he usually need one every couple weeks. Which I think is rediculous that he won't give them to him. He still has a few pills left from when the Dr gave him last July. So he knows he isn't abusing it. He can't really abuse any meds since he is bedridden and I give him is meds everyday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Janice: I am so sorry you are having so many problems with Tom. It is such a worry for you I know. We all at CT love you and if there is anything you need just say so and we will jump in! Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Meerkat: Janice its hard to sit by & watch a good caregiver not get help. Where we live we need to check out Hospital, Insurance etc I guess. Who does I dont know. Community's should have some help for Caregivers as well as patients.
    Have U done any crocheting lately, go to a Church near by, they would help? Hope I havent made U angy in any way as Im sure U tried all way for help. When U feel down chat with Form or a PM we are here to listen-----Love your friendship & Prayer to you Both. xoxox Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I will pray for peace-strength for you. Healing for your husband. It is hard to hang in there--your doing a great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Lily, all I need is just prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan You changed your name. No you never said anything to hurt my feelings. I just get on when I can and sometimes I start a message and Tom wants something and then I forget all about it.