Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=aeaston62;133101]What do you spray your peppers with? I had mites in my mini roses but used sliced cukes in an aluminum pie plate. It worked. Also tried borax and jam to get rid of ants. Looking for preventative veggie meds. Anita[/QUOTE]

I found it in Walmart last year but I already had the plants growing and the leaves were nibbled on. This year I sprayed it as soon as I planted them, so hopefully it will deter it. I looked at the spray bottle, the brand is Garden Safe and it says Fungicide 3, supposed to be a combo of fungicide, insecticide and miticide, that is what it says on the bottle, also says organic gardening. Hope this helps.

Roe

2. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spring Gardening-image-jpgSpring Gardening-image-jpgSpring Gardening-image-jpgGoing to try the aluminum tin with cucumbers I have heard of that several times now! Trying to post some pics in a minute hope they post ok!

4. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spring Gardening

Spring Gardening-image-jpgOur flower gardens!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Spring Gardening-image-jpg Spring Gardening-image-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like

Spring Gardening

Our veggies!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Spring Gardening-image-jpg Spring Gardening-image-jpg Spring Gardening-image-jpg 

7. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spring Gardening-image-jpgMore veggies I realize the pics aren't that great you can't see the blooms on the tomato plants or the cabbage! You also can't see how tall the potato plants, squash, cabbage, peppers etc are!!Spring Gardening-image-jpgSpring Gardening-image-jpg You can see our scare crows though!! It's exciting to watch everything grow and bloom there are actually strawberries on the vines!! So far everything is growing really good didn't take pics but the berry bushes are full of buds! The cherry trees are almost ready for the influx of the cedar waxwings to come and eat their fill :-) so beautiful I can hardly wait!!! Blessings on ALL of YOUR gardens!! Love and hugs Winnie

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie your pics are wonderful. So beautiful to be able to sit out around your Pots and Garden. I started the other day usually they have been in weeks ago?? Cold. Now 60 to 70 and sunny. I have 2 window (deep) Boxes with onions to move if needed to side door (shady there?) & 2 Lg Pots with Tomatoes & Peppers in a Deep--Lg window Box. & 4 containers with Herbs. My hubby has a small patch 8x10 ft for Tomatoe , Cuke and marigold, Basil, Chive. So far ???
    God Bless & You enjoy. Prayers for a Good Week xoxox

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Susan !! We don't have window boxes we have hanging baskets, pots on 3 sides of patio and in the front several huge pots. Because of the way the sun hits the patio I can't get decent pics of potted plants or hangers and some are so pretty. One whole side is nothing but herbs plus we have herbs at the back of the house. We do love our herbs my daughter loves to cook and loves to experiment with herbs. Your window boxes sound terrific! I'm glad your husband likes to help with the garden too a lot of men don't!! I will have to make a list cause when I'm replying to a post I can't remember what all we have planted ( senior moments) veggies or flowers. The pics defineately don't do the flowers justice they are just beautiful I can hardly wait til gladiolus bloom my favs! Prayers for a good week for you also and blessings on your garden. Love and hugs Winnie

13. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie I loved the pics and besides I closed my eyes and could smell the Bloom especially the pretty Hibiscus. Yes I love Herbs also. At around September 15 or so I freeze some. Tarragon,& Rosemary I have ice cube Herb Trays to freeze and just take a cube or 2 for my stew or soup. Fun & keeps your mind off pain?? HUGS xoxox Water when needed?

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks loads. I'll go tomorrow to look for it. Busy day today but there is always tomorrow. Anita

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan great idea to freeze the herbs I've never heard that before! We dry ours on cheese cloth in the sun then crumble and put in jars! We don't have tarragon is that easy to grow? What kind of dishes do you use it for? Will look for your reply tomorrow I'm off to bed! Sweet dreams :-) hugs Winnie