Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  48
Page 2 of 16 First 123412 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in Washington state the threat of frost is finally gone. Like every year I just await the arrival of all of my perennials in the garden hoping they all survived the winter. My first and one of my favorites are my Hostas. I have to put on the brakes and not plant my annual flowers until the middle of May this year. I usually get too anxious and plant them too soon and then they just sit there until the weather warms up. This is a great thread. Thank you girls. I am new here.

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh well, can't plant yet. It's been raining all day long. We need the rain but have to wait for a couple of days so ground can dry a bit. Planting squash, melon, cukes, garlic, tomatoes and peppers. Hope to do better in fall. Want to finish planting berries and trees. Hope all have a fruitful season.

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I purchased fertilizer/weed killer for the lawn along with a hand-held feeder. Normally the lawn service does this job, but this year I'm going to do this part of the lawn care. Trying new things is half the fun!

Aeaston, your garden will be a veggie lover's delight. Plannng to plant some of the same veggies as you!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 04-28-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Midnight in Minnesota so a short one. Sound wonderful all of you here have a nice start. We have had rain all 3 going on to another couple days. Just got rid of snow. Some of chive are thriving I Tulips are showing. Be Mothers Day before planting. I may grow some herbs differently and Blooms also. It makes it Fun Me& My cane as Hubby may not be able to do much . He
    use to pick up my Throw piles. I like change. Butterflyrose has some ideas I am thinking. Good Luck. More on What another day Blooms, Herb & Veggies. God Bless

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I began spreading the fertilizer/weed killer on the front and side yards yesterday and finished the job today. Watered well so that the grass doesn't burn! Next project will be to hand-till and plant flower and veggie seeds in the flower gardens and veggies in the backyard gardens.

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still raining so a while before Garden spots can be dealt with. I can do plenty tho with pots, prepare planning in ares. Cut back Evergreens as needed & other Bush.s. Taking out old Clematis and adding a New Plant. Lots to do. Good Luck Gals.

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't get the plants in today. Had to do some grocery shopping. Garden won't produce til July/Aug but I do have tiny tomatoes on my yellow pear tomato. My lettuce is coming up too.
    Have to get a diagnostic mammogram done tomorrow so tomorrow is out. Looks like Friday or Sat. No worries, it will happen. Oh, picked up 3 Star Jasmine today. They will survive in pots for now. Enjoy the rest of the week all my crafty buddies. Anita

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you can plant soon Susan!
    Oh Aeaston,you have tiny tomatoes growing!!

Today I hand-tilled a flower garden, transplanted some purple queen and dusty miller and planted some aloe vera.

Post Thanks / Like
    I. planted a branch from one of my Tiffany rose bushes in a planter around 2012 and this year its first 2 blooms have appeared. Now, I'm waiting in anticipation for the other branch planted in yet another planter to bloom. I am so excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    Butterflyrose Im so glad to hear about your roses CONGRATS !! I tried but no luck. Too cold of wether or ?? I brought inside in basement. I hope the other plant takes to. I love to try things like that Good Luck. Happy Sunday & Prayers for a Beautiful Day !!

13. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post