Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hooker Meeting in June

We have talked about and prepared for a meeting the first weekend in June at Fall Creek Falls State Park in Pikeville, TN where I live. I have worked hard for a lot of days to get this meeting to happen. Sadly most of the people who started with me on this journey are no longer planning to attend. I hope that the new members will be interested in attending but we have posted several different posts and now we have less than 10 people attending. I am very discouraged by this as I really was hoping for at least 20. The rooms we have held for our members will be released in the middle of April and then there will be no chance of getting a reservation as this is a pretty popular place. So I am asking for everyone that are thinking of attending please post on here and those interested in finding out about the meeting can leave a message on here and someone will get back to you with the info. There is a group under community that has information on the meeting. I do not think we will be able to have a meeting for just a few people.

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Faye, I hope your meeting takes off.. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, TwinFaye. I can tell how disappointed you are. Perhaps some of the new members will see your message and can plan to attend. I hope! You have worked so hard to get it off the ground and organized.

Maybe you can still get together, even though there are fewer attending, and just have a couple of days of relaxed fun together!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say I never officially signed up but was hoping I could attend. But unfortunately, due to work done on my house (which included cosmetic elective work and emergency plumbing work which then led to preventative plumbing work to fix what was done wrong by other companies) it cost me a whole lot more than I had hoped to spend. So that set me back for a while. I hope it works out and I am really disappointed I couldn't go.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to have KayMory take names and help make reservations until April 15th and then we will either go ahead with the meeting or cancel. I do not think a meeting with less that 10 people will be much of a meeting but if the few people who have made reservations want to continue I will leave it up to them. I live here so I will be around anyway. Please signup if you can make it!!!