Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Roll Call for The Night Owls/Daytime Chat Season 29

Let's chat! Come here to have a friendly sharing time. Grab a comfy place and your favorite drink or snack, sit and ENJOY!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    hi! remember me?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Haven't you been here since Season 1 and now we're on Season 29! Great conversations happen on Roll Call! Let the fun begin!

l have been working on cleaning a closet. Making real progress! I also called and scheduled for one of my charities to make a pick up. I even found time to get out for a brief period of time!

Just put chicken legs in a crockpot and put potatoes, baby carrots and squash in another one. Adding broccoli to it towards the end of its cook time! The a/c service technician came to give my cental heat/air conditioning system a checkup. It passed with flying colors! Filters were changed and the system continues to keep me cool as a cucumber!:

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I'm still here, just been doing so much lately, I don't know where the time goes sometimes. I am now relaxing and will finish a second prayer shawl for the next meeting on Aug. 1. My goal is a minimum of two for each meeting.

But I have been a bad girl at Goodwill. For the new members who don't know me yet, my name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic. Anyway, between last week and today (and I have to check back again tomorrow on my way back from the post office since the asst mgr knows what I look for first when I come in and may have the other bag ready) I have found yarn to the tune of 128 skeins (yep, you read right) and a couple of works in progress (very small things that I have already unraveled and will reuse the yarn. Today the asst mgr came over to me with a big black garbage bag and said guess what?? I took it immediately, and when I got home, found three little packages with steel hooks, regular hooks, yarn needles and even a retractable measuring tape buried in between the skeins.

So I am doing a happy dance again.

Been walking, gardening, actually read a couple of real books (remember those, where you turn a paper page, LOL??) I don't have a Kindle or Nook and like to borrow a lot of books from my libraries. I usually read more during the summer for some reason. Like to sit outside on the patio (fortunately, it is roofed over so I am protected from the hot sun) and read or even crochet but do granny squares since they don't get heavy like afghans to set aside for join as you go later on.

So things are going pretty good lately. Hope everyone has a great day and see ya later.

Roe

6. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there. I have finished doily...
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

8. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Larisa
    I have my coffee and am ready for the day...you most likely have been working several hours today...Yesterday's classes went very well.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning Everyone

Well today is day 4 of the Micaelina's birthday celebration! You know you always spoil the youngest kid...Well I spoiled the oldest too....don't know what happened to the middle one but he is the most logical and self sufficient. The 2 girls seem so needy all the time. LOL..even the the oldest girl is married now for 12 years and has 3 kids of her own...she is still needy to mommy and daddy...LOL...

Well Micaelina who just turned 22 on this past Tuesday gets to celebrate everyday for a week. We began on Monday with dinner at a restaurant called the Yellow Deli, (they serve some vegetarian meals, it is some times difficult to go out to dinner when you are vegan, most times if they say that they serve vegetarian it has cheese or some sort of dairy in it) then we went to a nearby park to the restaurant to walk off our dinner, then to a nearby frozen yogurt place for desert (they have non dairy frozen yogurt) Tuesday was her actual birthday, but she had to work at the Italian restaurant that she has the summer job at, but my son works there too as a chef and he kept her over night at his apartment and took her for Chinese food after work. Last night we had birthday cupcakes after dinner and sung Happy Birthday ( I had to work last night till 9 and she took some classes at the studio) So by the time we ate supper then had the cupcakes it was about 11:00....too late for me for cupcakes!
    Now today we are taking her to Barnes and Noble to buy her favorite things... BOOKS...I think this is getting quite expensive! Then there is a Swing Band concert in town tonight that I want to see (as a tap dancer I love swing music, Micaelina taps also and likes swing too but the concert is actually for me LOL !) Then this up coming Monday is a special birthday dinner because my son will be able to come over, and we will have Micaelina's favorite dinner and birthday cake! Now who gets to celebrate their birthday for a week straight!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    when I got home, found three little packages with steel hooks, regular hooks, yarn needles and even a retractable measuring tape buried in between the skeins.

So I am doing a happy dance again.
    I LOVE having lots of yarn on hand like that! But to get hooks and a measuring tape also was a great package! Congrats! You will make fantastic things with your treasure!!!

Has it been hot on Long Island? Here in Central NY we so far only had one hot day and that was yesterday. It was about 81 degrees. It very seldom gets too much hotter than that. Not like when I lived at the Jersey Shore. The 90s was the norm for July and sometimes 100! The summers here are pretty decent. An air conditioner is never needed and I sleep with blankets at night. The only thing is our growing season is not as good as NJ was for veggies. I guess that is why NJ is called the Garden State. Most summers, my tomatoes never get to ripen. It is good here for lettuce and other leafy greens. String beans, cucumber and zucchini do well, but tomatoes, peppers and eggplant are not easily grown here, at least not for me.

Well have fun with your stash and talk to you soon
    Teri

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone! It is a gorgeous morning in the Lord here in Ohio!!! I was so tired yesterday that I didn't get on much. Got a little rain yesterday but not a whole lot just enough to give the vegetables and flowers some water. I finished my doll outfit I was working on. My daughter took a picture and tried to put it on my computer but my card drive she has to use is not working so she is going to go home and put it on her computer and email me the pictures. She also took some pictures of my plastic canvas things i did including the wedding cake and some of the jewelry I made. My grandson and daughter are going home sometime later this afternoon. It will be too quiet around here for awhile. I enjoy having them but also enjoy the peace and quiet. I have to go to the doctor this afternoon for my back so we will see what he wants to do. Plan on starting a new project this afternoon when i get home and will soon start on my christmas gifts for my family and friends. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Teri;140350]I LOVE having lots of yarn on hand like that! But to get hooks and a measuring tape also was a great package! Congrats! You will make fantastic things with your treasure!!!

Has it been hot on Long Island? Here in Central NY we so far only had one hot day and that was yesterday. It was about 81 degrees. It very seldom gets too much hotter than that. Not like when I lived at the Jersey Shore. The 90s was the norm for July and sometimes 100! The summers here are pretty decent. An air conditioner is never needed and I sleep with blankets at night. The only thing is our growing season is not as good as NJ was for veggies. I guess that is why NJ is called the Garden State. Most summers, my tomatoes never get to ripen. It is good here for lettuce and other leafy greens. String beans, cucumber and zucchini do well, but tomatoes, peppers and eggplant are not easily grown here, at least not for me.

Well have fun with your stash and talk to you soon
    Teri[/QUOTE]

Hi Teri,

I am like a little kid when I find stuff like that at Goodwill and since they know what I look for, they let me know when it's in. Since the majority of my work is for charitable organizations, what I save on buying there helps a lot.

We have actually had a pretty decent summer so far. If we have had three 90 degree days (and not in a row either), we have had a lot. Yesterday and the night before was a bit humid and maybe around 83 or so but the humidity is now gone (for now, hope it stays away) and it was cooler and cloudy most of the day but the sun finally popped out. Right now, according to Channel 12 news on tv, it is about 81, about normal. I can remember very hot Julys and I hope it stays nice the rest of the summer. Just warm enough to be comfortable and keep my veggies and herbs growing. LOL.

Take care and stay cool.

Roe

14. Likes Teri liked this post