I too am a very passive person, and for many years I have let others say what they will to me. I always forgive them. That is my nature. I am a Canadian, married to an American. I now live in Florida. My first marriage lasted for 22 years. He was verbally abusive and then I met my currant husband in a online chat. Chatted for 2 1/2 years before we met. We have been together for 12 years now. He is the only person who respects me for who I am. Always says please and thank you for all that I do. Tells me everyday he loves me.
My family is in Canada. I love Florida it is why we live here. I do not have many friends, not close ones.
For many years I cried for no reason, I attributed to hormones. Found out it was hypertension and diabetes, both can set it off.
I do a lot of praying and God answers in his own way and we just need to look for it sometimes.
Last year was the worst. Our car was stolen. We were very poor and turned down for food stamps. My father died back in May, then in late August I had a stroke.
Life is hard, but I am thankful for what I do have and the love of my husband and family.
It is hard to be passive. I know all to well. I have found as I have got older I do speak my mind and people do listen.
Susie Ann God be with you. Cry if you need it. I know it helps. And know it is ok. That is who you are.
Sorry for the length of this. But my heart goes out to you.