Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    He likes his name. His friends call him Nick. He just knows when he hears both, he's in big trouble. He's 14, and just got accepted into one of the best Catholic scholastic and sport high schools in Ohio so we are very proud of him. He's an awesome kid. His family, coaches, and teachers love him. Judy

2. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya , That's awesome.. LOL I think they all know to run when their names are called in full...What a superb opportunity he has received.. I'm sure you are so very proud of him.. Tell him I said tochee' and give him a hug for me... Teresa

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    chergram, my husband's step great-grandmother was Cherokee and he was trying to do an ancestry tree but don't have a clue where to start. His great grandfather married her as his second wife. We only have her Christian name and they lived in Illinois. Do you have any suggestions. We don't know if she is on the local tribal roll. Thanks,Anita

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=teresah;121192]Hiya LI Roe, That a great way to get a name.. BTW, Are you anywhere near Lindenhurst.. I lived not far from there for a short time, when I was much younger...:) Teresa[/QUOTE]

Maybe about 15-20 minutes away. Lindenhurst is in Suffolk County, I am in Nassau County.

Roe

6. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My screen and business name is Myjalani (my-ja-la-ni), It represents the first two letters of all my grandchildren Myles, Jazmine, Jayson, Lauryn, Lance, and Nia.

8. Likes N/A, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    meriross: That is so neat, the way you got your name!!!
    Last edited by MeerKat; 02-26-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was a teenager and still 15 I went to work in a drug store on the lunch counter. Dad knew the manager and he let me start about 2 weeks before I was 16. I had to get a work permit because I wasn't 16 yet and that was required back then. Actually I think you had to have it to go to work at 16 but he let me start and THEN get the permit. My user name is redhead on CrochetTalk. My given name is Patty ,not Patricia. There was a couple of young guys that used to drop by the drug store and have a coke or coffee or something and one of them had red hair. They would talk to me as I waited on them and tease me. The redheaded one nicknamed me "Red On The Head From Honey Creek" after they learned that is where I went to school. It seemed like a good name for me to use on CT. I really think the 2 guys were too old for me but I kinda like the red headed one but he never knew that. Wonder where he is today...... redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 02-26-2014 at 08:21 PM.

11. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Meerkat: ( that's what my niece calls me as well) I think it represents my love for grandchildren and my business...have a blessed day..

Post Thanks / Like
    HI there everyone! Beatrice1953 is my "handle" and it comes from my greatnephew. He started calling me Beatrice and 1953 is the year I was born, yes I'm going to be 61 this year. Holy cow!!!!! But my real name is Betty Lynn or as my nephews and niece call me Ant Bee, B or Insect!!!! Go figure kids!!!! Love em all!!

14. Likes teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Teresah. I will be sure to tell Nick. What does tochee' mean, not to sound rude or anything. We are very proud of him. He worked hard on his grades. They have high standards scholastically. MeriRoss, I like the way you picked your username, too. Love your story, Redhead. We have a redhead in our family, too. Our son calls his sister "Red." Our 3 kids were all born with dark brown hair, but our Danny turned blond, Deb turned red, and Michelle turned light brown. Danny had blue eyes, and Deb has hazel. I have brown eyes and Dan, their father & my husband of 49 yrs, has blue eyes, go figure who's dominant. LOL. Then comes Nick, Michelle's son, who's African-American. He gloats by telling us he gets a better tan in the summer than all of us. Can you tell he's comfortable in his own skin?! LOL! This kid thinks he's a comedian, by the way. God love him!! We sure do! We bless the day he was born and the day our other grandkids were born! Well, now that I;ve rambled on & on. Gotta go!

Hugs! Judy