Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: OH Deer

Post Thanks / Like
    Your so lucky to be out in Wilderness to see wild life of any kind. Im in the city Mpls,MN and Birds, squirrels, Rabbits in Summer
    a Little in nice winter days. I feed, water and have 3 houses, No trees in our yard, only tall Bushes. Love em.

2. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwwwww! Just darlin'!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Racoons are so cute I am sitting here now and can see out the window and we have a large picnic table, we don't use any more and they are eating the seed and bread we put out every night. It is so cute because they pick the food up with their paws and put it in their mouths.

5. Likes amanda, blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to sound like the grouch in the group, but we live on the edge of a wooded area and also have deer that come to our yard, but I am not as happy to see them as some of you. At times we have had as many as 12 in a group. They eat ALL of the green and flowering plants in the summer, and this winter, with all of the snow cover, thay have eaten most of the bushes and the all of branches on the arborvitae around our house as high as they can reach. They have even started to eat the barberry, so nothing is too tough or prickly for them this year. The animal sprays help a little at first, but if they are hungry or if they like the plants you have like hosta and hydrangea, a little bad taste isn't going to deter them. They are beautiful animals, but once they discover that you have a food source for them, they can be a real nuisance. We have even had them climb the stairs to get to the geraniums in pots on our deck right next to the patio door when we were standing at the door watching them. These animals don't seem to be afraid of us at all, and when they first bring out the new babies, they are downright aggressive. Add to this the droppings that they leave, and it is not so pretty a picture. The only good thing about having them frequent the yard is that the raccoons stay away from the bird feeders now. For those of you that wish you had wildlife around, be careful what you wish for, it can turn into a real problem very quickly.

7. Likes amanda, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live on the edge of woods, and have had all kinds of wild animals around. But I enjoy them I never have had any problems with them. The only time they ever came around and destroyed anything was when my husband planted sweet corn they ate every ear we had. Not sure if it was coons or deer. WE never planted corn again and never had problems with them getting in the garden or anything else, they must be really hungry to get that close.

9. Likes amanda, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the animal pics! Our daughter had bird food in the garage and the mice were feasting. They removed the food source and the mice moved indoors! They used traps and caught many mice!!!!

11. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lili that reminds me , one time we use to keep our bird see in a shed we had. I went out one evening to get some bird seed and we used a coffee can to scoop the seed up and I took it to our bird feeder and reached into the can to get a handful of seed to put in the feeder and I felt something fuzzy, I drop the seed and since it was winter there was snow on the ground and saw this mouse run away. I made my husband get a large garbage can that had a lid on top.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Meerkat, Now you got me.. As much as I love the wildlife, the little critters that you mentioned and their cousins, yeesh.. I would not be able to run for my husband, I would be up a tree on the highest limb..Yikes....LOL but true... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I wasn't to thrilled when i felt it in my hand either.

15. Likes teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat sorry about Boo Boo how is he/she ?? Do bad the person doesnt have to pay some of that BIG Bill. Pomers I call them as my SIL had one and frighten you to death BUT I said QUIET POMER and he craweled under kitchen chair by me and only made a few noises, of course I gave him a doggie treat once in a while. Nice owner only Pet. SIL got another one after he passed (old age). Take Care HUGS