Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Recipe Share - What are you cooking?

Here is your chance to share your favorite recipe and let us know what you are cooking! You can tell us about the recipe and add a link if it is found online, or if you would like to share your own created recipe - please feel free to!

Post Thanks / Like
    One of my favorites is sausage and peppers, lasagna, chicken cacciatore. And of course, meatballs and spaghetti. I tend to change my recipes each time because I use what I have in the house at that time and improvise. But those are just a few of my favorites.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not cooking tonight. Too warm to cook. I've made a tuna salad to eat in sandwiches made with oven-heated Kaiser rolls and have a big romaine salad made with fresh tomatoes and cucumber ranch dressing. Iced tea to drink and dessert will be chocolate pudding and shortbread cookies.

As for a favorite recipe, I guess I don't actually have one. Now if you had asked about a favorite comfort food, I would answer homemade beef stew. I actually won a spot as an online beta program tester ... they asked everyone their fave comfort food and I reckon, well, I don't know exactly what I reckon, lol. But others had answered the same question with steak, lobster, shrimp, etc. I was told after I was chosen that the homemade stew was what caught their eyes! LOL!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It doesn't look like anyone is cooking I don't see many recipes ha ha

6. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite thing to make is fettucini alfredo. Sometimes I use tuna, sometimes I use chicken, it depends on what I feel like eating and making at that time. I normally use no yolk broad egg noodles, but I experiment with different types of noodles sometimes, too. Then I use Ragu alfredo sauce, add some salt to taste and a pinch of garlic powder and it's delicious. It's not a complicated recipe, but it's my own thing. =D

8. Likes Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to cook, usually dirty most of the pots in my kitchen, then It's the clean up. I have entered cooking contests and have won! Here is one of our favorite breakfast or anytime snack bread.

LEMON PEPPER SANDWICH LOAF:
    1 loaf unsliced bread (can use your best home made bread recipe or just use frozen bread dough baked or buy a loaf)
    1/2 cup buttter softened
    1 tablespoon mustard
    2 tsp poppy seed
    a little lemon juice
    8 slices swiss cheese
    8 slices crisp bacon (crisply cooked , drained and crumbled)

Cut bread into 9 slices, (but do not cut through the bottom of the loaf)
    Combine lemon pepper, butter, mustard and poppy seed. Mix well. Set aside 3 tablespoons of this mixture.
    Spread remaining mixture on all surfaces of the sliced bread.
    Place 1 slice of cheese in each cut of the loaf. Sprinkle bacon over cheese. Spread reserve lemon butter mixture on the top and sides of the loaf of bread.
    Wrap in tin foil and bake @ 350 degrees on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes.

Remove from tinfoil and serve or just eat right from the tinfoil. Just yummy!

10. Likes crochet4fun liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a Darn thing, my hubby is in the hospital and am being lazy and resting up for when he comes home.

Post Thanks / Like
    My recent favorite is a Cajun chicken fettuccine......SOOO good!
    8 oz cooked fettuccine
    1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
    1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
    1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
    2 Tbs olive oil
    2 cups cubed cooked chicken
    4 tsps Cajun sesasoning
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo sauce
    1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
    2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    1/2 grated parmesan cheese

Directions: In large skillet, sauté onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add the chicken, Cajun seasoning and garlic; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl. Add fettuccine. Stir in Alfredo and spaghetti sauces. (If I run out of time I stop here and it's still delicious)

Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and bake at 375 for 15 mins. Uncover and bake 10-15 mins longer or until golden brown.

It was a pot luck recipe so not sure where it started from but I never have complaints from my crew when I serve it.

13. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Not a Darn thing, my hubby is in the hospital and am being lazy and resting up for when he comes home.
    Happy healing to your hubby. So sorry he is in need of medical care. Praying God will give the medical professionals all the knowledge necessary for his care.

Post Thanks / Like
    You all need to come up with more recipes or I am going to open this can of spaghettos