Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    I am doing good. Been crocheting. Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    For dinner last night I sautéed chopped onions and green peppers in olive oil, added a cup of Arborio rice, let that sautee for three to five minutes, (with a sprinkle of salt and pepper,) than added one and a half cups of chicken stock, covered and simmered for 20 minutes. Sometimes I also add fresh mushrooms to the onions and green peppers, but decided this time to sautee the cut-up mushrooms separately in creamery butter and then served them on top of the rice on the dinner plate. For a side I served fresh cranberries...actually not fresh, but from a package I froze last winter.

As for tonight, hm, perhaps I'll put on my shirt that says "What's for dinner?..... Reservations!" and hope hubby takes the hint, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 10-03-2015 at 03:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    I made that Italian Squash dish. It was so delicious. I made it with grated yellow summer squash and I used fresh basil and had a bit extra basil so I put it in. It calls for 1/3 cup of sour cream and I thought I was supposed to spread it on the top so I added extra sour cream so I could spread it on the top of the dish but when I added the eggs I mixed it anyways. I also added the Bob Evans Italian ground sausage that I had fried first before adding it. The Italian sausage has all those spices. That's probably why it's so delicious.
    https://www.verywell.com/italian-squ...serole-2242136
    I sauteed the onions is butter, added the squash, put it to the side and poured veg. oil in the center and added the garlic. I used a reg. onion, not minced and a clove of garlic.

I didn't use olive oil.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 08-04-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made blueberry zucchini bread also yesterday and just got the dough in the pan. It only makes one loaf so I made it again but this time I added 1 banana and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, put it in another loaf pan but it looked like there was too much dough in the loaf pan so I put some in a mini muffin pan and put this in the frig. So I had 2 loaf pans and 1 mini muffin pan in the frig. Well, this morning I decided to put some more of the dough in another mini muffin pan and then I had enough to put some in a 3rd mini muffin pan and I only had a little dough left in the loaf pan so I fried the rest of the dough like pancakes which had the banana and cinnamon. Turned out good. I baked the blueberry zucchini muffins with cinnamon and banana and I have the blueberry zucchini bread in the oven.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made blueberry zucchini bread also yesterday and just got the dough in the pan. It only makes one loaf so I made it again but this time I added 1 banana and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, put it in another loaf pan but it looked like there was too much dough in the loaf pan so I put some in a mini muffin pan and put this in the frig. So I had 2 loaf pans and 1 mini muffin pan in the frig. Well, this morning I decided to put some more of the dough in another mini muffin pan and then I had enough to put some in a 3rd mini muffin pan and I only had a little dough left in the loaf pan so I fried the rest of the dough like pancakes which had the banana and cinnamon. Turned out good. I baked the blueberry zucchini muffins with cinnamon and banana and I have the blueberry zucchini bread in the oven.

https://www.averiecooks.com/2016/08/...ini-bread.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Stuffed Burgers

1 lb. ground beef
    1/3c. evaporated milk
    1 c. Pepperridge Farm Stuffing prepared
    1 cn. mushroom soup[undiluted]

Mix beef & milk divide into 4 or 5 patties. In the center of the patties put 1/4 c. stuffing mold meat around stuffing to form a ball. Place in pan & top with soup. Bake at 350 for 1 hr. Baste serveral times.

I hope you enjoy it. Reita in Tn.