Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  72
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya, Thank you for the reply.. With all of the time you put in, I'm sure you have touched many lives....<3

2. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    I am nice and ask for volunteer help in our girl scout troops. The program does not exist without volunteers and it is a great program for the girls. I also volunteered for 4_H and we ask parents to help us to. There are nice people out there that need volunteer help that do not take advantage of others.
    I reply with my honesty….the only help I do to girl scout is buy their candy and give away - I don't eat candy…..and only within my budget allow.I did the favor for many senior need in daily life..but I don't call myself volunteer because I've asked if I can help I do so on my own free will. I also refused some other asked if I would help some unnecessary stuff such as drive them to shopping or dine out? they all young and healthy ? why want help? (just because they have no car?)…..and how many people in this country abuse their elderly? I am sure all of them are grow up spoil from all the their paeans + the volunteer help to get what they want….,? sorry if my answer oftener you it is never my intention to do so. I only tell my own point of view. maybe because I wasn't brought up in this culture of life style….and yes, I have 2 grow up children. when they are young in school, and asked to sell candy for the scout troop…I was not please….pay the whole thing and told them if asked agin quite the group………we pay full price to the school. I disagree the school made children to do something like that. accept my apologize please. I only share some of my though. nothing personal. and is not of business how other people do here also - I don't interfered .
    Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....

4. Likes blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh , I mean parents not paeans sorry

6. Likes teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya, I respect your honesty.. No worries.. I do have to admit that the schools pressuring the kids to sell items so that you can bring them to your work place is pretty un nerving..Teresa

8. Likes blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Many of us take the time to volunteer for different organizations. Personally, I volunteer for our Girl Scout troop and service unit. I am involved with my daughter and also many girls within the community!

So, do you like to volunteer?
    volunteer at my church, I volunteer for Relay for Life and the American Cancer society, volunteer with the 4-H clubs and community and also with the girl and boyscouts. Love to help out where I can. I am also a volunteer caregiver for Alzheimer's and for the elderly.

10. Likes Barbara G., MeerKat, blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is God bless you all kindness volunteer workers….also hope that those whom received all this mercy action and be appreciate how fortune that they live such mercy society…. and hope that will have morn consideration people are grow in the country…..
    Ivy

12. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya, What you have done for "Alzheimer's" patient's is truly an Angels gift.. My self, working in the ER for so many years, kept me from the difficult task of working on the floor.. That to me takes a very special person to give care to such an afflicted person.. I commend you for your time @ the ACS and also with the Elderly...Hat's off to you....Teresa

14. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Ivy... I have to agree with you.. I'm hoping that while volunteering, one can inspire others to do so also....Teresa

16. Likes Barbara G., blueeyes68 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When I worked, I belonged to the Pioneers (still do but on a retiree basis) and we were involved in a lot of community service projects and it was all volunteer work. We painted soup kitchens that needed freshening up, held toy drives, assisted at Special Friends Christmas and Halloween parties, painted USA maps in school parking lots (that didn't get traffic), went to nursing homes to sing Christmas carols, collected items for our veterans, just to name a few. I always enjoyed getting out there and doing different projects.

Then things happened and I had to step away from the physical type of projects but I concentrated on what I call "behind the scenes" and do my crocheting for those in need. I also collect deposit recyclables and redeem them for Alzheimers research. Now that my mom has passed, I am slowly looking into doing more volunteer work since I have the time to commit more to other projects.

It gives me a warm feeling, since despite what I have gone through over the past 14 years, to be able to help others in whatever way I can by doing some sort of volunteer activity.

Roe

18. Likes Barbara G., MeerKat, blueeyes68, teresah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya LI Roe, Thumbs up to you <3 Teresa

20. Likes MeerKat, blueeyes68 liked this post