Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
    Post Thanks / Like

Teaching people to crochet

Hi Everyone

Just a little story. I am a dance teacher. Mostly ballet. I have assistants who help me in the larger classes. I like to give them a little gift from the heart each Christmas. I found a pretty easy slipper pattern and made each one of them a pair of slippers. I decorated them as their personality lead. Well they all loved the slippers....
    One of them, a 20 year old, Amy, just loved the slippers and came to me and said she would love to learn to crochet. So I promised I would teach her.

I just found it so heart warming that she would want to learn this craft. So last night, I had a special night at the dance studio and showed a video of the ballet Coppelia, since were are re-creating it this year in our annual revue. I brought a couple of balls of yarn and I had a spare H hook and gave them to Amy. Her face just lit up! I proceeded to teach her how to chain stitch before the video began and she diligently worked at it. During intermission, I started her on single crochet! Others on looked as she was working on her stitches... and were interested in what Amy was doing.

So I sent Amy home to practice her chain stitch and single crochet. I told her when she mastered these will go on to another stitch and most likely begin a scarf....

I hope she has found this craft that we all do as relaxing as we do and will enjoy it in years to come.
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    This is wonderful! It is so heart warming when someone wants to learn crochet! Thank you for sharing with us!

3. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Teri how amazing of you to Teach 1 now maybe more?? Would liked to have watch the Video as Both Hubby & I watch Ballet
    on TV and have a few videos we bought. Love to see a Pic of You & your Class if able to? Understand. Thanks
    for offering your Talent of the Needle, its an Honor God gave to you . HUGS Susan MJ

5. Likes Teri, blueeyes68 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing such a heart warming story!

7. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Teri how amazing of you to Teach 1 now maybe more?? Would liked to have watch the Video as Both Hubby & I watch Ballet
    on TV and have a few videos we bought. Love to see a Pic of You & your Class if able to---to private?? Understand. Thanks
    for offering your Talent of the Needle, its an Honor God gave to you . HUGS Susan MJ
    I don't have much that is readily accessible to show on line but here is a ballet performed by my junior company in 2011. It is a shortened rendition of Beauty and the Beast. Using Disney music I thought the audience would enjoy the Disney tunes that year. I normally use only classical musice but this went over quite well with the audience. LOL my daughter plays the Prince/Beast! It is in 2 parts since my daughter put it on youtube.... the dancer that plays Lumiere (the one with the candles) is the one I am teaching to crochet....enjoy

Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

9. Likes blueeyes68, spoula liked this post