Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  41
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Need Prayer for Daughter and her family

My daughter and her husband have been having a big brawl over her oldest daughter. She is a sweet and pretty girl, is on the High Honor role and is a cheerleader and has a lot of friends. She is 15 and doesn't date yet. But she likes this boy at school, and she came to her Mom and ask if she could go with this boy. Not date but just be girlfriend and boyfriend. Now remember she can't date, she just wants to be able to talk to him and call him on the phone. The only time she will see him is at the football games and my daughter goes to all the games.
    Neither one of them want her to go with him, but Marina, my daughter, figures that if she doesn't make a big tado about it they will break up in a couple months just like all her other boyfriends, if she thows a fit it will make her just more determined to talk to him behind her back. Well her husband wants to ground her and take away her phone and make her quit Cheerleading. They have been in a big fight about this and he told Marina tonight that since she won't support him their marriage is over with. Basicly he is trying to make her choose between him or Lexi. He is her stepfather, and Marina is going to take Lexi's side.
    They really need a lot of prayers. His problem is that he can't control my Daughter.

2. Likes amanda, Desertflower liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im so sorry to hear about anyone having this problem. The kids will do as they please and the parents will tear each other apart for hopefully nothing. sounds as if "dad" has control issues. I will pray for peace for them. I know how hard this is. I hope they can get help with the parents issues. Good luck to you. Stay calm and smile.

4. Likes MeerKat, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it sounds like he does have a Control Issue. My ddaughter is just stuborn enough that for him to give her an ultimatum. He is going to loose in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely prayers are in order for the family. I hope that they can come to some decision since they need to work as a family and not against each other.

Roe

7. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Friend & Tom You have enough to think about and you should be helped a little with your problems. So Sorry God has
    put your GD in this situation (she is so vulunerable- now) Daughter is in a Power struggle and Yes HE WILL LOOSE. God Protect D & GD and strighten that SIL out or open the Door--------OUT THEN GD is thee important one and Daughter also. HUGS XOXOXX

9. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will keep them in my prayers for sure. I am sorry to hear this. My(X-husband now) tried to keep me away from my boys and family little by little and then he finally made the remark that He "just knew I loved my boys more than him!" I told him "why shouldn't I!!! I have known them since they were born and they are MINE and yes I love them more than YOU!!" Hang in there kids and if He is the one to go then let HIM go! Love ya, Patty

11. Likes amanda, MeerKat, Nova55, Desertflower liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    prayers coming their way.

13. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for the support and prayers,,Naturally she is going to protect her daughter, as long as she is under 18 her first priority has to be her children. Since he is only her stepdad, he isn't going to have the same priority for Lexi. And she is only 15 and can't even date yet. She just wanted permision to talk to him on the phone and talk to him at football games. And my daughter goes to all her games. He has blown the whole thing out of proportion..
    I have so many problems already with my husband I don't need this also. If her husband had let Marina handle it it would have already blown over by now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I certainly hope your daughter doesn't back down. It sounds as though this is just an issue that has been handed to him for an excuse to leave and actually doesn't really have much to do with your granddaughter. He sounds like a very controlling person and that can get out of hand very easy. Do they have a pastor or someone to discuss the issue with, but likely he wouldn't go as he just wants control. What a hard thing for your granddaughter to be caught in the middle like this. They will all need a lot of prayer. Hoping he comes to his senses before doing something they will regret.

16. Likes amanda, Desertflower liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    prayers going up. Hugs to you.