Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    That's your problem barbysue----you need to go out there and stand in front of the plant you want to grow and sing at least one song to them.lol----just make sure your neighbors are all at work ha ha

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I leave that to my son and daughter-in-law. I live with them and they have their ideas for the yard.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL You are too funny! You actually made me snort in my coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by bettybee10 View Post
    That's your problem barbysue----you need to go out there and stand in front of the plant you want to grow and sing at least one song to them.lol----just make sure your neighbors are all at work ha ha
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bettybee10 View Post
    That surely wouldn't work for me, my singing would peel the bark off of petrified wood! I have over 2500 sq. of flat and tiered flowerbeds in my yard, so I look forward to spring with mixed emotions. I am glad to see green again and all the flowers coming up, but they are a lot of work, and my back and knees aren't what they used to be. I don't do veggies as a large part of the yard is too shady, and where there is sun all afternoon is in the front yard where I'd rather have flowers. We have lots of different astilbe, ligularia, coral bells, ferns, lilies, hydrangea, queen of the prairie, planters of annuals, and over 40 different varieties of Hosta, but my favorite and most treasured plant is a beautiful fern peony that I gave to my mom for mother's day 30 years ago, shortly before she passed away. We transplanted it here in 2002 after my dad died and we sold his house. As long as that one plant comes up every year, I am a happy camper as all of the others can be replaced.
    Last edited by Sweet Sue; 01-19-2014 at 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling

8. Likes Barbara G., BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry I caused you to snort. Baby sue. Lol---sometimes my suggestions. Don't work

10. Likes Barbara G., BarbySue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy repotting house plants to bring beauty into our home! Also, every spring I plant a flower garden outside in several flower beds and a new rose bush (or two) in our rose garden. I also, add a few new catus plants to our "catus and rock garden".

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have 5 flower beds in my yard, but when the storm came through last June, it twisted our house and caved in our basement. We had to do some major basement and house repair so my flower beds got ruined by the heavy machines when they were digging out our basement for repair. I will need to start over. It will be kind of fun to figure out what to plant and where I want to start.

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I plan to grow tomatoes in large containers along with some beans and peas. The rest of my gardens are perennials plants and I'm really looking forward to working in them once again. Right now we are in a Polar Vortex ... extreme cold, about -25 Celsius in the mornings and much colder with wind chills. The garden catalogues are arriving so it is lovely to dream about spring and what will be happening in the gardens.
    Linda aka Crafty Gardener

16. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your gardens and Basement. New basement & Gardens. Can you make New are for Flowers ? Veggies?? That can
    be Fun to Draw plans and get help making New Areas?? I have in-Back: 5 med. size Flower Neds, area for Hubbys Tomatoe &
    Cukes hehe ( I do the work only he Pats down soil arnd Tomatoes. Container (too many). PLUS 2 Risers small and 4ft X 8 ft ones You must take before, during and Finished Pics. Ill give you the film hehehe. Id love to see if you can ?? Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, yes,, yes! I've already purchased some 2014 veggie and flower seeds.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!