Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for my absence!

Ack! Sorry if I worried anyone. I've been busy lately and keeping up with other things. My laptop back light actually went out a while ago so I backed up everything on an external and just haven't moved it all to my other laptop yet, which means all my stuff is gone right now. I'm still using my laptop but it's plugged into another monitor.

A lot of stuff has been going on though. I have been working on a crocheted Dalek and baby blanket (my two biggest projects right now.) My Dalek should get done today if I can get my chores done first! I've also been working a lot but that's nothing new lol. My friend just had a baby which is exciting and weird at the same time. I went to California a few weeks back (mid December) for a funeral but at the same time my boyfriend took me to lots of different places - I also met his family and had Christmas dinner at his grandmas. We drove down though so it was 14 hours of constant driving with a couple stops for food and naps lol. But I really enjoy road trips so it was fun all the way around. Got tons of pictures.

So that's what I've been up to and why I've been absent. I'll have to post pics of my Dalek and baby blanket. I need more yarn for the blanket though as I've ran out and Hobby Lobby does not have the color I need. The Dalek is looking awesome though.

Oh and I almost forgot, I also have a fourth bird living with me (technically there are 8 in the house but four are my aunts.) I took Lou Lou home from my moms because I felt he would do a lot better here - and I was right! He LOVES my partner and is doing fantastic. He's talking again and his feathers look so much better. I imagine he is a lot less stressed here. He is the perfect addition to my flock. Even though he is my partners bird since he loves him so dang much lol. But that's okay, as long as he is happy!
    Last edited by AmberMuffinz; 01-15-2014 at 02:01 PM.

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad your back, of course I wondered where you were But your back now. Another Bird oh my what does she look like, type ??
    Sounds like you had a wonderful Xmas with Family etc. Boyfriend is he from there ? Bet the scenery was Beautiful. Glad your home tho ?? Dont stay away so long, Dalek and Baby Blanket you have been busy, hope to see those Pics when done. HUGSxx

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes my boyfriend is from Cali. Lou Lou is a white fronted amazon. He has a girly name but he is actually male LOL. I changed the spelling from Lulu to Lou Lou. Here is a picture from today:

Sorry for my absence!
    Sorry for my absence!

And a picture of my Dalek so far. Still needs a few more extremities before he's finished though:
    Sorry for my absence!
    Sorry for my absence!

5. Likes N/A, GrammaJoe, determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dalek is cuter then I expected and Lou Lou you are so sweet & friendly (yes). beautiful and larisa on here has some Very pretty Birds. Your Trip /Im glad you got to go and came back with a Lou Lou (NO MORE sweetie xxxx. Need to crochet more not play?
    Do the other Birds like Lou Lou ??? HUGS & Rest that CarLag ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Lou Lou didn't come from California lol. My mom doesn't live far from me so it wasn't too big of a move from her house to mine. I don't let Lou Lou interact with the other birds because of the different beak sizes but he is interested in them. I think he likes having little birds around but I think any bird benefits from other birds - even if they aren't in contact with each other physically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear from you and see Lou Lou. What a beauty he is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Check in when you can! We miss you when you are not here! :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    Lou Lou Good-Morning Brrrr you would freeze your Beautiful Tail in MN. Amber glad you'll be chatting now N then Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amber, Lou Lou is quite a handome bird! Your Dalek is looking great!