Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

My FIL passed away yesterday

Just wanted to let you all know that I may not be around for a few days. My FIL passed away yesterday. He was taken to the hospital Sat. and had emergency surgery Sun. afternoon, and never really came out of it. Things started looking bad by Mon. morning and he was put on a respirator later that day. But there were signs that he was not going to make it. That is a small hospital and they did not have an ICU, so they gave the kids a choice. He would have to be moved to another hospital and put on life support or remove the respirator. My husband and one of his sisters were there, and talked it over. They decided together that he would not want to be kept alive by artificial means, so just before noon yesterday, they told them to pull the plug, and he stopped breathing a few minutes later. He would have been 87 in a few days.

He was a good man, and the best father-in-law one could ever have. We will miss him so much, because we live practically next door to him. My husband is taking it pretty well, and decided to go to work today, he says he is better off working than pacing the floor.

I will be back as soon as I can, just wanted to let you all know what is going on. As far as I know, services will be Sun. afternoon, there are a lot of out-of-state relatives coming, so it gives them all time to get here and be together.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about your FIL. I am sure he is in a better place now and not suffering which is a blessing! My prayers for you and your family! Love, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your FIL, just know that he is whole again and no more pain. May god continue to bless and keep you at this sad time. You're in my prayers.
    Last edited by dlj326; 01-09-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear the sad news.. sending prayer your way. Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your father-in-law. Prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers and thoughts coming your way...sorry to hear about your loss...

Post Thanks / Like
    PRAYERS for YOU and your FIL Passing. He was so ill and your seeing him made him Happyier in the end now he
    is being Hugged by belated Family & Friends. GOD BLESS

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like
    My deeper sympathy to you and my prayer are with you and your family.....Your FIL is at a better place in home with God....
    Blessing are yours

Ivy
    Happiness is not already made, it has to come from your own action.....