Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi me again ,went to the barn today just about didn't make it back hubby had to come an help me,minus 30 celsus mind you 10 degrees lower and the temp is both the same brrrrrr and that's not the wind chill.All 5 counties the roads are closed up here.maybe if the wind don't blow me away I'll try an get a pic tomorrow
    dianegladys.etsy.com
    flickr.com/photos/dianegladys[/url]
    photobucket.com/albums/s105/dianegladys/

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!! That IS cold! BURRRRRR!!! I'm glad you made it back from the barn! Your Hubby saved you! What a guy! You two hunker down together and stay warm. Hope the temperature rises for you soon.
    Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    we have a lot of snow here and it's 5.3 degrees out. I don't know what the wind chill is. There have been a lot of closings and they said to cover your skin if you go outside.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't remember when we had 13 plus inches of snow here but it is really cold still . We have about 6 or 7 inches of snow still on the ground but the temp going up some. I think it's about 13 outside now. Tomorrow I have a doctor apt and am going to try to go. I am going to call his office first and see if they are open yet. They were closed thru yesterday since the snow so I may have to still reschedule I don't know. It is no "biggee" if I can't go. My feet need some attention I know but mostly for the toenails to be cut,. I can't get a pedicure because I believe I have toenail fungus so I need some attention for that too.
    My son is going to try to work on the house out in the country and I hope he doesn't get the car stuck out there! It no doubt has not been snow plowed but he needs to make some money in a really bad way. It is on a dead end road and that is not good. His neighbor has a tractor I think and would help him with the car if he would need it I think. He has helped him in the past and is a pretty good neighbor but h is kinda elderly. It is supposed to get up in the 30's tomorrow I believe.
    DianeGladys, I know you have to take care of the animals but you be very careful going to the barn. That could be very dangerous for you. Take care and be careful and dress warm. You will be in my prayers that you will be safe. Love ya, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 01-08-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's 15 degrees here in Holland at just after 5 pm.

Post Thanks / Like
    We had -3 for our low with a windchill of -21. We moved our goat into a shed and brought our outdoor dogs inside. The chickens and outside cats found shelter on their own. We tried to find the cats to bring them in but they'd already gone somewhere. Luckily, everybody came through it fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    We had -3 for our low with a windchill of -21. We moved our goat into a shed and brought our outdoor dogs inside. The chickens and outside cats found shelter on their own. We tried to find the cats to bring them in but they'd already gone somewhere. Luckily, everybody came through it fine.
    where are you from?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is sure a wakey winter, freezing one week and decent the next week. we hit windchill -40 a few days ago.. everything closed down, factorys, schools, courts.. now this weekend they say hi 45.. so many have suffered in this cold, There have been alot of heart related death because of this terriable weather. All my prayers to everyone that has had it hard.. I live in the country and been in sweats day and night. Our neighbore riged up a couple of old dog houses with a lightbaulb inside of them for the stay cats we both feed. I have been feeding the birds alot of extra seeds to help them along.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Just a thought. If you happen to go outside when it's cold outside you might want to wear the Thergonamic(I think I spelled it right) craft gloves underneath your regular gloves. The craft gloves provide heat.
    You can also warm up something in the microwave just before you go to bed at night and put it in bed by your feet to keep your feet warm or you can wrap a blanket around you before putting the other sheet and blankets over you when you're in bed.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 01-13-2014 at 08:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    When we lived in and around Minot N. Dakota in the 70's, the locals had ropes tied to the barns from the houses so they could find their way to and from the barns. the snow would blow so bad you couldn't see in front of you. one year they lost 2 children that had gone out to feed the animals and never made it back to the house.