Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Do any of you like to go camping?

Camping is a great family time event and it can be lots of fun. With our family, we used to go camping a lot. When we moved, I had to get rid of some things and wished that the camping gear was not on the list. I miss times spent taking the children camping in the years past.

Do you like to take your family camping? Or, have you camped in the past?

2. Likes mflyman, determined_to-crochet liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never in (73 yrs Camped) I have wanted to, sent sons to camps etc, BUT not me. A very Family Orientated Wonderful Time. Hope you can again Barbara

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Camping is not on my list of things to do. lol after spending my fair share of nights in bivouacs in the Marines. My idea of roughing it now is going to a hotel with no Room Service
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No, not a camper and not something I had interest in doing. I prefer indoor plumbing, electricity, maid service and room service, if that (room service) is available.

LI Roe

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went once, and just wasn't anything I cared for It poured down the wwhole timee we were there and laying on the damp ground
    wasn't for me. We went with two couples and all three of us had 3 year olds. It was no fun trying to keep them occupied. We were the only ones that had a large enough tent for all of us to stand in.. Now that I think back on it it was funny, but not at the time.

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with several others here - no, no not me. No camping! I am just not the outdoor type - unless you count going from my house to my car to a store, lol. That's about it.

I do know that lots of people really love it, but I can't understand why. As long as I don't have to go, I am happy for them.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My whole family camped. My Dad was A boy scout executive and we went everywhere the boy scouts went. We even went to the World Boy scout getogether in Valley Forge in 1950. My sister and I had a great time. We slept in the car. My Dad had a 6 person tent and we went camping for 2 weeks every year next to the lake Erie in Dunkirk NY. And I got married we bought all kinds of campers. We started out with little popups And went on up to Mottor homes.I can drive most anything so when we would pull out very early in the morning Both of us would drive shifts and get a long ways. In the later years George was playing music and we go and camp out for a week at a time. One time in a man's pasture with about 25 others Loved it. Margaret

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I really loved to go camping I use to take my sons campng about every weekend and sometime for weeks at a time I can say miss it alot since I'm in a wheelchair off and on it is hard for me to go camping so I let my sons have all of the camping gear wenda

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I LOVE to go camping but no opportunity
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

18. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When my 3 boys were small we had a Brookside Station wagon. We slept in it in the Rocky Mountains one night and I remember seeing the lightning way over the mountains and it was actually pretty, since it wasn't near us. That station wagon was our camper! That was when the kids were pretty little so we all slept pretty good in there. We had curtains all around the windows to pull shut for privacy. Now you couldn't pay me to sleep in a car in the mountains or a roadside park! We never even thought about bears!

Then one time we went to Vero Beach,Florida (I think that's where it was) and set up a tent we borrowed from a friend. Then we took a walk down the beach and a storm came up and it started raining and the wind was blowing. We ran back to the tent and it had rained so hard and the wind had blown the tent down and bent all the posts. There was a big puddle of water with our stuff in the middle of it and we waded over and everything was wet of course! The tent was a bent up mess! We had to take everything to the laundrymat and dry it all out. At least there was a laundrymat at the beach.

When we got home we told our friend what had happened and he was very nice about the tent. We told him we wanted to replace the tent posts and we did and the tent was perfectly OK with new posts! That was an experience, but definitely not funny at the time. We still camped after that several times.

Once we stayed at Kentucky Lake with Mom and Dad. Dad set up the tent on a hillside (don't ask me why a hillside) In the night it rained and Dad had dug a trench around the tent so the water wouldn't come inside. But we could feel the rocks under our blanket( on a big tarp under the blanket) where we slept on the ground. That was pretty uncomfortable let me tell you! rained all night and sleeping on rocks!!! And sliding a little down hill! Why we camped on a hill was because we couldn't find a level spot I think.

Since then I have camped in Zapata, Texas in an RV and that was not so bad. But then (my NOW X-HUSBAND ! turned out now so nice) and I started wanting to come home since my youngest son and wife started having their babies and I was missing out on being with them. We divorced soon after we returned home. He probably went back and is still in Zapata, Texas camping. I hope he stays there! XOXOXOXO, redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 01-02-2014 at 04:04 AM.

20. Likes Barbara G., N/A, MeerKat liked this post