Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    We LOVE camping though we have graduated to a camp trailer as my hips can no longer handle the ground. I have camped all my life as a child we went a lot and only slept in a tent when it rained at 12 my mother brother and 2 sisters and I hiked down the Grand Canyon and spent a week there what a trip I will never forget it. We have taken all our kids camping the youngest was 3 mo old. Now we take the grand kids One loves it one is too much a girlie girl and doesn't like all the bugs one is an accident waiting to happen so has to be watched at all times but we love it. We often go out in the middle of nowhere and park the trailer. We take our own water and propane and have an extra black water tank for emptying the sewer water and then take that in to town to empty with this we can stay for a whole week out in the middle of know where

2. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Barbara, I married into a family that has a family camp every summer up in the mountains east of our community. We spend 4 to 5 days roughing it and this year my husband and I went in a 19 foot trailer we purchased for these camps as the tent thing is getting hard for my 71 year old bones. Each family prepares a breakfast and a dinner during the camp and the grandchildren have such fun.

4. Likes Barbara G., N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to go camping when I lived in California, won't do it here in Florida, too make snakes and bugs to be camping.

6. Likes Barbara G., mflyman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great stories. LOL! I've only been "camping" in a motorhome, which was great, and anchored out in a boat quite a lot, but somehow that doesn't seem to fit the description of good ole camping to me. Never slept in a tent or anything like that. Oh, well, next time around if I come back, lol!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    As a child we did not camp. I come from a large family of 11 children. My husband and 2 girls did go camping. We started out in a pickup camper that we rented and went on our honeymoon. yes, we camped. It was great. We got to see lots of things that we would never have been able to do if we just stayed in a motel. When our children got older we also rented a pickup camper and later bought a small camper, eventually getting a bigger one. We rented a spot on a resort for a number of years and have a lot of good memories from that family camping experience. Now that the kids are grown, married and moved to other states, we do not get a chance to camp. We go to visit our children instead! Lots of good memories though! (:

10. Likes Barbara G., mflyman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I take our children and grandchildren camping almost every summer. I do bring an air mattress to place under my sleeping bag for more comfort!LOL!

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara, I loved to camp, we did it for years with our kids, then we bought a motorhome after they left home and began to spend winters in Gulf Shores, Al. Loved being with those in the campground. Had tons of time to spend on projects and that's when I took up painting. now due to health problems have had to give it up. I miss it terribly, was always very busy and loved an opportunity to just camp somewhere and be alone with the kids and my hubby, no telephone, just tons of fun. Will not get to do that again and miss it terribly.

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post