Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  79
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Plastic canvas work is one. Reading is a big one for me, I always have a book to read and even have the Kindle app on my laptop. I also have model trains in the basement. Even my grandchildren run trains when they are here. That is a hobby I picked up when I was a member of a local group.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like putting together paper models, but my biggest hobby other than crochet is my family!
    I search the net for craft ideas to do with my grandchildren and yes even at my age(49) playing video games

3. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    Plastic canvas work is one. Reading is a big one for me, I always have a book to read and even have the Kindle app on my laptop. I also have model trains in the basement. Even my grandchildren run trains when they are here. That is a hobby I picked up when I was a member of a local group.
    My husband and I have a lot of model trains. We have every gauge there is. When we are traveling, we look for real cabooses along our way. We love cabooses!!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

5. Likes Susan2014, WabashWoman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo, dancingbaehr,
    At Camp Michewana they have a real caboose on train tracks. We saw inside the caboose when we were there this last time. Inside there's 2 bunk beds, a table and 4 chairs and 1 or 2 other chairs, a couch that pulls out into a bed, what looks like 2 of the original train seats and a few cupboards or places to put stuff. There was a lot of dead flies in it though. The caboose was out by itself, no other cabins nearby and no bathrooms there. On the outside of the caboose it had a big steering wheel. There are stairs going up to a walkway and then from the walkway you can walk into the caboose.
    Jean Marie

7. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jean-Marie that sounds just wonderful. My oldest who past I have his Train yet. I have 2 minature Trains for Xmas Time.I love those also. In St Paul Minnesota there is a Train Shop Ice Cream served & sandwich's in Rail Car like seats. Allways busy so never sat in one. Thanks for Sharing so exciting. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading and gardening. Can't do much gardening with the water limitations, just trying to keep so of it alive. D### drought.

10. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Jo, dancingbaehr,
    At Camp Michewana they have a real caboose on train tracks. We saw inside the caboose when we were there this last time. Inside there's 2 bunk beds, a table and 4 chairs and 1 or 2 other chairs, a couch that pulls out into a bed, what looks like 2 of the original train seats and a few cupboards or places to put stuff. There was a lot of dead flies in it though. The caboose was out by itself, no other cabins nearby and no bathrooms there. On the outside of the caboose it had a big steering wheel. There are stairs going up to a walkway and then from the walkway you can walk into the caboose.
    Jean Marie
    Hi Jean Marie,

If we ever get to that area, we will be sure to look up that caboose!! Thanks for telling me about it. It sounds like a real good one!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Su O Im from Minnesota, 2 times I remember a warning for a short time water at certain times etc. For fun & good to our neighbors I grew Lots of veggies they did'nt "SHARED" I used water from dish's done once a day 3 min cold showers brrr, & if boiled potatoes used broth / if water used I saved for containers, Garden. Put Garbage cans some one donated as long as needed to catch rain. Some time Id find water in them & a note who & what? I was surprised & Thankful. Even had 2 guy's (retired who help dig or toss & bag yard Rubbish. I had a sign on edge of Garage: Any clean water blah blah blah on & it workred. Hope its not so bad for you or any where. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Reading--gardening-especially flowers

Post Thanks / Like
    I have so many hobbies, I love to read, do family history work, my church calling of compassinate service, my family which includes 10 grandchildren that I try to connect with! and also quilting. Oh my house that is in shambles at the moment because I don't have a working kitchen! It's being remodeling and I can barely get around because everything is stacked in other rooms, like our table, Fridge is in the frontroom. I watch the hoarder show and feel somewhat like that!