Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the Alaska information !
    Not a tv person except for HGTV and Halmark station
    Im certainly going to watch the Alaska programs Sure sounds interesting !!!

Hestoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Alaska the last frontier!-picture-019-jpgAlaska the last frontier!-picture-013-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    We're in it together!! lol It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. The flowers were so big and lush which surprised me since it is so cold but someone reminded me that during the warm months there is a lot of daylight. We were there in late August/early September and it was 70 in Ketchikan (sp?) and we did a kayak trip. The we walked on a glacier with just a jacket on and met Miss Alaska!! Fun trip!!
    Wow Faye It sounds like you really had fun going to Alaska! I was there 2 different times and we drove both times.We even stayed for about 4 days in a cabin close to a lake on our way back (with my Mom too) The cabin was divided into 2 rooms with a curtain down the center so Mom slept on one side and we slept on the other side so we both had some privacy. We went swimming one of the days in a hot spring and found out someone had been killed by a bear either 1 week or 2 weeks before we were there. We didn't know that until we got home and saw it on the news! There was a sign that said WATCH FOR BEARS as we walked the wooden board walk back to the springs. We just didn't pay attention to it I guess. When we got to the water there was several people back there. The water was pretty hot too! Afterwards we walked back farther up the board walk and then back to the car . Next time (there Ain't gonna be a next time! ) we will pay closer attention to the warnings. Thank God we made it home OK! It is a trip I will never forget that is for sure. My silly husband did walk on the glacier too but not me and Mom. I was so impressed with the brilliant colors of the flowers. I guess I could post some of my pictures from Alaska...never thought anyone would like to see them.

PS I just now posted 2 pictures. One is the afghan I want to make again. The one in the picture is taken from the magazine I reordered . It is like the afghan I made but the picture is not MINE, just pic from the magazine. Mine looks just like it tho. The second one is of a jacket I want to make too. Notice the length of the jacket is longer than a regular jacket. I just ran across the coat (unfinished) that I was making. I need to get back to it and finish it. XOXOXO, Patty