Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCat View Post
    Patty, let's keep trying to "produce" super slippers. Years ago I accomplished knitting some on knitting machine so my daughter assumed I could crochet some. It has been interesting, but thanks to Suan MJ sharing pattern idea I was able to complete the sides. Now I am going to try to "paint" a non-slip pattern on sole so they will be "non-slip." I was hoping to try a boot-type slipper next, but it doesn't sound like you were happy with them. We will keep trying and find that special pattern soon. MadCat
    Hey MadCat! I think I will give up on slippers for now.I have lost interest in them for now.... Maybe later. Would you like the pattern for the boot slippers? I can post it for you. Right now I am crocheting shades of purple granny squares with rows of variegated purple around each one. They look pretty to me and I think I will make them into an afghan. I posted the pictures somewhere on here. I reversed the colors in some of them with light to dark and then dark to light but I hadn't put the variegated yarn around them yet in the pics I posted. I am going to do doing same with shades of lavender.
    I found a sweater pattern with a collar and it is longer than the regular sweaters and I think I may crochet it......maybe. I have too many ideas in my head for what I want to make for my own good sometimes! ha ha ha Love and hugs, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 12-18-2013 at 06:15 PM.

2. Likes MadCat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Patty, thanks for offer to post pattern. I would like to see it, but I am such a novice at this site or others at posting and receiving, and I don't want to pressure anyone at holiday time. When you are ready. I have learned so much making these current sneaker slippers that I think I want to make some more just to remember what I would change. They are complete, but I have read about "non-slip bottoms" so I want to add that in the pattern of an Adidas sole. How I wished I had done this when I had just flat soles. I must get these off so I can get onto something new. Your granny squares sound so beautiful, but I can't imagine the work of putting them together. Another thing for me to learn. Thanks for your reply. MadCat

Post Thanks / Like
    It's icy outside. church was canceled this morning. It's snowing again. They hope to have church tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    It's icy outside. church was canceled this morning. It's snowing again. They hope to have church tonight.
    It is now 9:00PM Sunday night and it is getting cold outside and the wind is blowing like crazy! The temp is dropping to 27degrees right now it is on it's way down and snow is ls likely tonight again. The wind is picking up everyday for the next 4 - 5 days and temp dropping too. Today I haven't been out doors at all and can't seem to get warm and now i now why ....When my friend opened the door a few minutes ago to go home I felt all that cold air and the wind blowing BRRRRRR. I am goig to go in my bedroom and turn the temp up an probably get into bed pretty soon. Hope you are all staying warm. AND MADCAT..I will post that pattern for the boots maybe sometime tomorrow so keep an eye out for it. Love, Patty