Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: yarn winder

Post Thanks / Like
    no problem. Are you feeling better today? I'll experiment with the Knit n Spin to see if it would work for the pound yarn. If the idea I have works, I believe the Knit n Spin would help you work with your yarn easier since there is no pulling of the yarn. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

2. Likes kathym2 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wenda View Post
    Hello I'm looking to buy a yarn winder so if any one that might have one or know a place I can fine one please pm thanks wenda
    The girls in my crochet group got theirs for $39 or up at Michaels or ACMoores.
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

4. Likes kathym2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello girls the knit n spin that shelly has is just awesome n if you have enough tubes it will hold a pound of wool i get half pound on the two i have from shelly thats how i buy most of my wool is the 1 pound balls
    Hugs kathy correction foam tubes notjust tubes
    Kathym
    Last edited by kathym2; 09-23-2013 at 07:24 PM.

6. Likes amanda, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a hand crank that stays clamped to my tv tray by my chair.
    So if I come across a mess or a knot in a pull out then I can wind
    it up. Also I learn how to wind a center pull out on my hand so if I
    am somewhere else I can wind it on my hand and still have center pull.

Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya Ladies, Thank you for the instructions for the Yarn winder. I had never heard, or used this item... Teresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I like mine real well like using my hand to when needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 2 of the knit n spin there are just awesome I usually have more than 1 project on the go at a time there the best invention I ever seen thanks again shelly
    Last edited by kathym2; 03-03-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

11. Likes N/A, MeerKat, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Those of you who have no problem with their yarn from stores pullin out from center are really lucky! It seems I can never find the middle yarn to pull it from I dig through both sides usually with no luck! If I get one from store that I see the end it is usually a ball of yarn barf when pullin! I usually have my boys help me roll my yarn in balls for me (well I did when they were younger and they thought it was fun LOL!)! I can't start a project unless my yarn is rolled up, because of my horrible luck! Now seashells Shelly's really sounds awesome and everyone I know loves it! Now on the other side on crochetgeek.com she has a tutorial where you can use a toilet paper cardboard thingy and split the end to hook your yarn around then wrap your yarn around the cardboard and the end result is you can pull the yarn from the center! Something like that you all would have to check it out! I hope I didn't offend anyone I didn't mean to! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE and ALWAYS KEEP YOUR HOOKS A MOVIN! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

13. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly, teresah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No worry about offending anyone. We all should share with each other anything that works. Myself, I really want the spinners from Shelly and others will be grateful for your recommendation for the other way. If we all try to be considerate of each other there is no reason to worry about offending anyone.

15. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly, teresah liked this post
    Clearwater, Florida USA Born and raised in Bklyn, NY, lived in Tx., Mi., Calif.,Ariz., and Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiya twinfaye, I completely agree with you.. Teresa

17. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post