Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to be of help. We need to share all the tips we can so we can keep crocheting as long as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a magnetic board I use for my cross stitch. I do use it for my crochet, also. I was having a hard time with the rows on a pattern, years ago, and I thought, Why not use the board! Works great for me.
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like

RE: following patterns

HI, I just wanted to say that I use magnets and a metal board made just for the purpose of following instructions. I originally bought them to do counted cross-stitch, but now occasionally use them for crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the ruler method also, and it works great, but I found one of those old type secretary stands in my local craft store that were used to put tablets on so the neck would not have to be bent and also to keep track of the rows while typing. With the stand came a thin metal sheet that holds magnets and a strip magnet. I set up the stand, set my pattern on stand and the magnet holds my pattern in place but I can also use the strip to move down each row or use the magent to hold another thin piece of paper under each line while I crochet or knit. Not all stands are metal but work just as well. Good luck keeping tract of those row.

5. Likes 11sandylynn liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Taylormaid, Oh, I am so sorry for that happening to you! I'll check my stash to see if I have any. I have a lot of yarn in bags that was my mother's. I'll look there first. I pray either I or someone else here on CT finds a skein for you. Hang in there and 'Keep the Faith'!
    Hugs, Jo
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 01-09-2014 at 06:52 PM.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you, Faye! So glad you finally finished it! Staying on the correct row is always hard if the pattern is too closely spaced. Like Yarnoholic and DinahRoberts, I also use a post-it note to mark where I should be. I also make a pencil mark on a row number after completing it. Then, after finishing my project, I can just erase the marks and I'm ready to use the pattern again. Can't wait to see your photo!!! Good job, girlfriend!!! Hugs, Jo

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Needles View Post
    I have used the ruler method also, and it works great, but I found one of those old type secretary stands in my local craft store that were used to put tablets on so the neck would not have to be bent and also to keep track of the rows while typing. With the stand came a thin metal sheet that holds magnets and a strip magnet. I set up the stand, set my pattern on stand and the magnet holds my pattern in place but I can also use the strip to move down each row or use the magent to hold another thin piece of paper under each line while I crochet or knit. Not all stands are metal but work just as well. Good luck keeping tract of those row.
    This just goes to show that modern, new and improved isn't always better than old, tried and true.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try rewriting the instructions putting each row on a separate line. it may take some time to do but you can write down just what you do on each row, omitting all those instructions that only apply to the first row, for instance, that get confusing on later rows. I find when trying to follow a pattern written as a paragraph it is hard to keep my place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye, Sounds cool. Hope you find what you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you contact Red Heart yarn and ask if they happen to have any or if they have any suggestions as to where you might find one skein? Hope you can find it!