Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Pam, it is really easy or I wouldn't know how to do it. The help button on the upper left will walk you thru it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Faye, I'll study up on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always use a ruler under each line as I go. Or for more complicated graft patterns I used to use a magnetic board thingy that you put behind your page and the "ruler" stuck to your place.

4. Likes Dustygirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, above was for Faye. Should have also said sorry you are having problems finding your winter red. Hope something works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked for one of those magnetic boards. I remember I used to use one when I was cross stitching. Anyway Michaels didn't have one. Hence, I use the Post It notes. I think I like those better - no added weight when I travel with my work.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am kind of late answering this post but I always write each row on paper and I leave a least 3inches between each row I write down, that is the only way I can keep track of what row I am on.

8. Likes yarnoholic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a magnetic board that I bought years ago. I know they are still being sold. It comes with different size magnetic strips to put across your pattern. I'd be lost without mine.

10. Likes Dustygirl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I always use a ruler under each row!
    Oops! did not read it to the end!
    Last edited by GrammaJoe; 12-30-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye, I just read your post, and realize that this is a little late, so I know that this might not help you now, but I have a couple of suggestions for methods that I learned to use when I was knitting an afghan with a very complicated design and had a hard time keeping track of the pattern. First, can you run the pattern thru your printer/copier and enlarge the print size so it is easier to read? Sometimes that is all it will take to make the pattern easier to follow. I don't know how old you are, but lately, my eyes don't seem to track as well as they used to. Secondly, I purchased 3 or 4 colors of fine line highlighters and used them to highlight every other row of the pattern (ie: blue, unmarked row, pink, unmarked row, yellow, unmarked row, green, unmarked row, etc.). Then as I worked, I could keep better track of the line I was working on by following the color of the row. Leaving an uncolored row between each highlighted one also made it a little easier distinguish the rows. I hope that these suggestions are easy to understand, and that they will help you or someone else. I hate to constantly count or keep referring to the pattern, but I hate to frog even worse, so maybe this will at least help make following the pattern a little easier. Good luck and Happy New Year.
    Last edited by Sweet Sue; 01-02-2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: missed page of posts, so didn't see that twinfaye's project was finiahed

13. Likes N/A, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your suggestions Sweet Sue and I am 63 years old and I had a detached retina last year so my vision is poor at best. I like your idea about the highlighters and especially skipping a row in between the highlighted ones. I have finished that project but I will be making more so your suggestions are helpful. I also like the magnetic board and I may try to find one of those depending on how expensive they are.