Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Etsy help

Post Thanks / Like
    Handmadeology is a great website for information as well.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

2. Likes AnnettesHeadCandy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear fellow crocheter,
    I hate to be discouraging, but I think it helps to be somewhat realistic. Friends and I checked into selling some original sweaters at a shop in a town that has lots of unique shops. The owner of one shop was thrilled to see a sweater my friend was wearing which she designed. He wanted us to make things that he could sell for over $250, and said that they would sell like hotcakes. We got pretty excited about it, but then realized he was willing to buy them from us for only about $60-80. That would hardly have covered the yarn, let alone our time. ( Some of those sweaters would have taken at least a couple of months to make!) I think it can be tough to make a profit with crocheted items, partly because there are so many people who do crochet themselves or aren't willing to pay what things are actually worth. That said, if you do have some unique and well-made articles, it may just take some time to build awareness of your store. I think it does take some patience and cleverness in both designs and in marketing. I've heard folks say that it's a good idea to try some craft shows and bazaars to see what people will buy. I wish you much luck. Don't get discouraged - just do your research and work at the marketing!

4. Likes Carynjoyb, Anaisa, AnnettesHeadCandy liked this post

I live in the heart of the Delta in Cleveland, MS
    Post Thanks / Like

Mississippi Delta

Quote Originally Posted by Bebe52 View Post
    I just posted my first item on Etsy. I found it a bit confusing but I have hopes it will do well. I have tons of craft supplies that I would lile to sell. Some of my interests have changed and I know there is someone out there that could these supplies. My Etsy name is 'Beverlys'. I am also trying out Ecrater and Ebay to see what does best. Best of luck to you.
    Beverly, I noted that you are from the Mississippi Delta! I am from Cleveland, MS. Where do you live?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a few shops on Etsy. There is quite a bit of competition in the Etsy world. Re-newing items and joining group teams will sometimes help. Make sure that whatever you are making that your price to sell is at least two and 1/2 to three times your cost plus postage. If it's a larger item, add 8-10$$ an hour for labor. Get yourself a small electronic scale so you can figure exact postage costs.
    Joy FullyJewels 2 by CraftsPlusByCarynJoy on Etsy
    Joy Fully Jewels by Caryn Joy by JoyFullyJewels on Etsy

Good luck,
    Caryn Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdevi1018 View Post
    I started a site on Etsy a few months ago and am not having much luck selling my goodies. Does anyone have suggestions that don't cost an arm & leg as I am unemployed and struggling. Was hoping it would work out better, but in four months I've only sold two items and profit wasn't much after shipping costs.
    bjdevi1018.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree--Handmadeology is a great place for business info--particularly Etsy success marketing. The writer of this site has his own Etsy store as well. Keep searching ladies....there really is loads of info. out there in regards to directing traffic to your location....Crochet Gal and chrochetaholic have given you a really great start!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoot me an email to kayscrochetpatterns@gmail.com and I will send you a free copy of my e-book on how to set your Etsy store up with SEO. And anyone else that needs it

Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are apart of DeviantArt.com you can join some groups on there. I'm part of two etsy selling groups on there and you can put some of your items into the group gallery, then whoever is apart of the group will see them in their watched deviations. I've had quite a few views coming in from DA. There is also a thread on Etsy about where to advertise your shop. Some of the places aren't very active though so you'll have to scope it out.

Free advertising! - Discussions - Etsy Success - Etsy Teams

I'm not sure how much it helped me though, guess I just need to try harder!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Grandma Diane

Quote Originally Posted by bjdevi1018 View Post
    I started a site on Etsy a few months ago and am not having much luck selling my goodies. Does anyone have suggestions that don't cost an arm & leg as I am unemployed and struggling. Was hoping it would work out better, but in four months I've only sold two items and profit wasn't much after shipping costs.
    bjdevi1018.
    I have a shoppe on Etsy and was lucky I sold my item a few weeks after it was on the site.
    Get your friends to pass the word and use other venues to get the word out.
    Not sure how this works. Meaning if this will be sent to you as an answer.If you check on Facebook, you can see people who have made fb set ups for selling their goodies. Tell your your friends about Etsy, tell your fb friends as well.
    I know people who have shoppes on fb and they sell lots of items.

11. Likes AnnettesHeadCandy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems the buyer would pay the shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ginny--
    This is the best way. Otherwise, if the seller pays the shipping, it comes out of the seller's profit. Sometimes, though, as a special incentive to buy, a seller will advertise, "free shipping." I hope you are making progress through all the information that has been suggested!
    Hook on!
    Annette