Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    where do I find the pattern for the prayer shawls
    what a blessed project God I'd good

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mmp View Post
    where do I find the pattern for the prayer shawls
    what a blessed project God I'd good
    Hello - I am creating a thread for you in the pattern requests.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a permanent patient of pain management. I've had (2) 2 level spinal fusions and a laminectomy. I am extremely grateful for Crochet Talk. It's the distraction and intrest I need to help me get through each and every day. It may take me a while to complete my projects, but I intend to upload them in due time.

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 3 books on prayer shawls and bought them at Wal-Mart. I have also seen them at A.C. Moore's. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't have much to say at this time. I have been busy getting my mothers house ready for the new owners to move in--that entails getting rid of all her stuff. I have not done any crocheting for a few months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Carmen, glad to have you back. We would love to see your projects. We will be praying for you. I've had both knees replaced and I am going to have the right knee done again in October. I have pain when I get up or sit down. Doesn't hurt much other than walking a lot. I have to wait until October because that is a year since the original surgery. My right hip needs to be replaced but I have to be unable to walk to have that done. My left knee that was replaced in 2007 is stiff and hurts if I walk a long ways. So we all are falling apart. lol

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carmen, I'm glad you are feeling physically better. The other part takes time. You sound as if you have yourself together really well. Rely on your faith, then stay busy. I don't know what you make, but if you could get involved in some service work, baby blankets and beanies for a NICU or unwed mothers group. The Linus Project, blankets for sick kids, or some groups make laprobes for nursing homes or homeless. Or find another way to volunteer. I have found that if I'm helping someone else, I'm not thinking of my own problems.
    Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    annies attic has some nice prayer shawl patterns

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope I don't sound ignorant but what are prayer shawls? How are they different than regular shawls? 62 in a week and there is always something new to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked out the Lion Brand website? Just last night I was able to find a bunch of FREE patterns for shawls. I always think triangles are shawls & rectangles are stoles (but now they're the first part of a "shrug". I guess that sounds better than a "shrole")

Hope this helps.

Lynn