Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Sonnetta- Would you like a box also. I do have a very lg tub of white yarn. also blues,lav,green,some brown,variegated,orange & ecrue. Be glad to send a box. I will never be able to use it all & I've been fortunate at Goodwill store lately.Hit on Senior discount day & red tags were half price.got 3 lg bags of yarn for less than $20.All the bags were red tagged.Had fun sorting it. Some are full skeins,some half & some with no labels.Even had a few balls that looked like half skeins.I can at least send 1 box if you will PM me your address.I am retired also Diabetic since last Dec but not a severe one.but still in fairly good health. Still get around fairly well. Hands & eyes OK so far. Let me know. I enjoy helping. I give away all that I crochet -Hats & afghans.

Post Thanks / Like

Bless your sweet soul

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    Hey Sonnetta- Would you like a box also. I do have a very lg tub of white yarn. also blues,lav,green,some brown,variegated,orange & ecrue. Be glad to send a box. I will never be able to use it all & I've been fortunate at Goodwill store lately.Hit on Senior discount day & red tags were half price.got 3 lg bags of yarn for less than $20.All the bags were red tagged.Had fun sorting it. Some are full skeins,some half & some with no labels.Even had a few balls that looked like half skeins.I can at least send 1 box if you will PM me your address.I am retired also Diabetic since last Dec but not a severe one.but still in fairly good health. Still get around fairly well. Hands & eyes OK so far. Let me know. I enjoy helping. I give away all that I crochet -Hats & afghans.
    You're so amazing! how kind of you to give yarn to not one but two of us who need it. I pray in thanks for all of my new friends who are so kind and caring - you're definitely on that list! I hadn't even thought of variegated, wow, you sure got some deal a that Goodwill! SO glad yo did, lol!! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan- Sent your box today & a letter.They said you should get it Wed. Maybe before the letter.Hope It helps. Probably have more later.

Post Thanks / Like
    THANK you ladybug! BTW, what is your real 1st name if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious (nosy) like that. If you're not telling, that's ok too I can't wait to get my surprise box!

Post Thanks / Like
    My name is Shirley. I offered a box to Sonnetta also but haven't heard from her yet.I don't mind sharing while I have a little extra money. Later this winter I mite not be able to. Forcast says a bad winter here in Mid Illinois. So takes more gas to heat the house & electricity as I have a heater also.I'm currently looking at a new pattern I found on line. I have zillions of them. Some are a little too complicated for me. I sent a few in the box for you.I also have lots of afghan patterns too. 2 or 3 notebooks full. I learned to crochet at 9 from my mom. But did nothing with it except my Freshman yr in school for a project. Made a lg thread doily.Got an A. then about 10 yrs ago started doing simple afghans and branched out to hats also. Made about 40 of those for the grade school 1 st. over from me for the kids that don't have any when the temp.fall to 10 below so the nurse can give them out & same amt for 2 coat drives & a Santas anonymous here in our little town of 3300 and a church in Danville ,Ill about 10 miles north of here also. Gave them baby hats. I have 80 of those waiting to be delivered to the nursery in Danville when I get time to do it. Buried my youngest brother a month ago on the 19 th. He was82 & will bury my sister in law this coming Sat. She was in the Navy & retired to Fla. Services there today & here this coming Sat for Military graveside service.Been a long drawn out affair.We were not close but my 2 children are her only heirs. Will be interesting to find out what she left them besides a house & 2 cars. I respected her as she was very good at what she did. She was stationed in Carville,La for 15 yrs. Its a leper colony. All the patients loved her & the Drs also.Takes all kinds to make up the world. Blabbed enough. I also have 2 cats & an a widow of 35 yrs. Husband was a music teacher. Died from Colon cancer. Hope you like your box I stuffed it as full as I could get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shirley, you're an angel! I was so surprised when I opened that amazing box of yarn of all varieties of colors, it's going to allow me to crochet some wonderful projects! I got the letter the day before the pkg, but it came Thursday (today).

Thx for the patterns too. You do know you can get tons of free pattern online and bookmark them, right? I'd do that and then print one out when you're ready to do the piece, it will save you time an printer ink for sure. Just a suggestion

I'm sorry about the deaths in your family. May God be with you always, you're a sweetheart to do such good for strangers! I hope your winter isn't too cold so the bills won't be so bad. I lived in Chicago Ridge, Ill for 11 yrs as a child, but as true southerners we moved back down here when I was turning 12. I was born her in S.C.

I joined the group on fb you suggested. I'm glad the good Lord saw fit to bring you and others into my life when He did! And also that He gets you such great deals on yarn everywhere you go, lol!

Thank you again....for now, Susan
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-17-2014 at 10:28 PM.

7. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got it. Still waiting on Sonetta to PM me & I'll send her a box also.I know you can bookmark patterns but don't know how to do that. Only know how to do bare necessities..Can't even put pictures on. Need my kids to come & show me Very slowly so I can write it down so I can understand it. Had a friend that got me started but she passed unexpectedly 2 yrs ago. Been friends over 35 yrs. My best friend. Not close to lots of people.Am shy in certain circumstances. Talk to much she told one classmate. She won't come to our get togethers once a month.Don't know why she thinks that as I hadn't seen her in 50 yrs.Came to class reunion. Saw & talked to her about 10 min & haven't seen her since. This was in2005. Takes all kinds I guess. I'm freezing . It's 60 here in Ill.Hope it warms up in the next 2 wks. I have a rummage on the 26 &27.Have fun with the yarn. Will send you another later after the sale.There is some chenneal out there & if it doesn't sell If you are interested I will send to you.Cat just joined me & is trying to sit on my hand.Must go It's 8:30AM here & need to get my garbage out to be picked up by noon.Enjoy!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't type & think at same time either. Classmate thinks I talk to much not my friend who died.sorry about that. Didn't read whole thing befor sending. Bye again!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jo, I don't see where I thanked you for the yarn you sent, so I'm making sure you got it.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-17-2014 at 10:27 PM.

11. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Yarn trades

Sonnetta replied today. Will try to send her box tomorrow. May send you both another box. I received a refund on some meds that would pay most of it. Will let you know when too expect it.Makes me happy to do it. I rounded up 3 more boxes for my rummage. Need to price them & my daughter brought some of her sons clothes. 4 or 5 sacks. All priced thank goodness. May have to borrow my sons tables also. Never expected it to get this big.Buried my sister-in-law Sat. Nice w flag draped casket & 21 gun salute. Forgot what they call it. Only about 25 people there.Son has to pick out & order stone . Should get copy of her will soon as my son & daughter are her only heirs.She was 80 and had been ready to do for months. She is at rest & out of pain.Going to bed as soon as I have my ice cream. Its 11:00 PM now.Maybe more later.