Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone help me?

I am working in the Leisure Arts book Afghans for all Reasons and All Seasons. I have decided to challenge myself. I am working on a cable square. The first four rows went well. The next row says to work a front post triple around the skipped stitches two rows below. I understand that but that particular row does not have any skipped stitches. The only picture of this block is done is a dark brown and you can not really see that square. Checked on line to see if there were any corrections. There were not. I have emailed Leisure Arts but do not expect an answer. Any help with this square would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    can you post the first 3 rows of the pattern? that would help
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Row 1: hdc in each chain, ch 2, turn
    All even rows: hdc across, ch 2 turn
    Row 3: hdc in first st, (FPtr around next st 2 rows below, hdc in next 2 sts; FPtr around each of next 4 sts 2 rows below, hdc in next 2 st) 3 times ; FPtr around next st 2 rows below, hdc in last st; ch 2, turn
    Row 5: hdc in first st; (FPtr around next st 2 rows below, hdc in next 2 sts, skip next 2 sts; FPtr around each of next 2 sts 2 rows below, FPtr around each of 2 skipped sts 2 rows below, hdc in next 2 sts) 3 times, FPtr around next 2 rows below, hdc in last st, ch 2, turn

On Row 5 I am wondering if the by the 2 skipped stitches, do they mean the stitches behind the FPtr that is done 2 rows below?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to break my pattern in to rows when they seem to be a bit confusing that way I do what it says by line so maybe that will help I will add a note for you where I think you are having problems
    Row 1: hdc in each chain, ch 2, turn
    Row 2 :hdc across, ch 2 turn
    Row 3: hdc in first st,
    FPtr around next st 2 rows below, ((this is a front post triple crochet for row 1))
    hdc in next 2 sts;
    FPtr around each of next 4 sts 2 rows below,
    hdc in next 2 st
    FPtr around next st 2 rows below,
    hdc in next 2 sts;
    hdc in next 2 st
    hdc in next 2 sts;
    hdc in next 2 st ;
    hdc in last st;
    ch 2, turn
    Row 4: hdc across, ch 2 turn
    Row 5: hdc in first st;
    FPtr around next st 2 rows below, (( you will be doing a FP triple crochet in row 3))
    hdc in next 2 sts,
    skip next 2 sts; (( you will skip the first 2 FPtr in row 3))
    FPtr around each of next 2 sts 2 rows below,
    FPtr around each of 2 skipped sts 2 rows below,
    hdc in next 2 sts
    hdc in next 2 sts, skip next 2 sts;
    hdc in next 2 sts
    hdc in next 2 sts, skip next 2 sts;
    hdc in next 2 sts, FPtr around next 2 rows below,
    hdc in last st,
    ch 2, turn

hope this helps

5. Likes amanda, MeerKat, Ginnie256 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Al most. Where I have the problem is in row 5 when it states FPtr around each of 2 skipped sts 2 rows below. I understand how to do this but if you read row 3, there are not indications to skip stitches. Do you think the skipped stitches are the ones behind the FPtr of row 3? There are existing stitches there.
    Thanks for you help. You would think I was learning to crochet. I have been doing it for years but this one is a challenge to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not you I am not sure what they are talking about if you count the stitches they are saying that the skipped stitches are where you placed 2 hdc

Post Thanks / Like
    "Row 5: hdc in first st; (FPtr around next st 2 rows below, hdc in next 2 sts, skip next 2 sts; FPtr around each of next 2 sts 2 rows below, FPtr around each of 2 skipped sts 2 rows below, hdc in next 2 sts) 3 times, FPtr around next 2 rows below, hdc in last st, ch 2, turn"

The pattern is doing the crochet equilivalent of a cable. You skip two stitches fptc in next 2 sts and double back to the ones you originally skipped. And fptc.
    Here is a video that sort of shows it. She dcs but its the same concept. It shows the cable about 3 mins in.The first 3 mins she just chains and dcs so I skipped that because I have no patience. lol

9. Likes Ginnie256 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get it or give up on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry I did not post lately but I got fed up with trying and put it away. Today I got it out and it is working beautifully. My problem was when it said to work skipped stitches, I thought it meant stitches on another row. But it meant the ones I had just skipped. Afghan is now on it's way. Thanks for all your help. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad it worked out for you! Would love to see pics of the finished product, when it gets that way lol. Hope you have a Merry Christmas too