Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone Have their Christmas Shopping done?

Does anyone have their Christmas shopping done? I don't ean if you got your crocheting done but just have everything boughten.
    I do but my shopping is giving my daughter the money and she buys everything for the gandchildren.
    But when I did do the shopping I always made sure I had everything bought before Thanksgiving.

2. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have bought not a single present! I do have some crocheted presents but I have no money to buy presents so it will be a slim year for my family.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, finished it online about a month ago. Never done so early. But I have Fibro and wanted to get it done in case I have a major flair.

5. Likes N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    No money, no shoppee. Gifts will be crocheted somethings...hats, scarves, slippers.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

7. Likes N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol nope have not gotten a single thing finished or bought. Christmas stresses my hubby out not only does he have to deal with trying to find me a Christmas present he has to find me a Birthday present too I was somewhat nice to him this year and gave him my wish list yesterday.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

9. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    TwinFaye Just having you around will be a gift!

Post Thanks / Like
    I started making things, crochet and paper craft items, in September, and have mostly finished them. I made 10 crochet hobo bags for gals in my family. Daughters-in-law and granddaughters. I still need to sew the linings for the bags and hand stitch them into the bags, which will probably take me a whole day.

I've also made tons of hats and scarves, which just need to be wrapped. And just recently found a cute pattern for boot cuffs which works up in about a couple of hours, so am making several pairs of those for the teen girls.

The only presents I actually purchase are some toys for the younger grandkids. I've got all the toys, but they need to be wrapped. All of the adults are getting handmade, which they seem to enjoy.

We have a huge extended family, 5 grown kids and spouses, 18 grandkids, and 4 greats! I try to be sure that everyone at least has something to unwrap when they come to our house for our Christmas party. We will have it on Saturday after Christmas, so I still have some time. That's a good thing!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have been finished since about the middle of October. Most of my gifts are handmade, but I did buy some little things to go with them. I made 10 Bed Doll dresses for the great granddaughters and crocheted them some little purses (Snowman, Polar Bear, Penguin, Reindeer). Wish I could send the pictures of them to CT but my computer doesn't like the way I would have to do it and it won't let me upload them. I also sewed fleece throws with pillows that I embroidered the boys names on for the great grandsons and crocheted 11 scarf and hat sets for the sons and grandsons. For our DILs and granddaughters I crocheted necklaces, made bracelets out of beads and elastic thread and gave them an assortment of kitchen gadgets, kitchen towels, etc. But I think it is only fair to tell you that I started in January as soon as I decided what I was going to give! But we have 50 names on our gift list so I have to start early on the things I am going to make. ~ Shirly

14. Likes N/A, MeerKat, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew when I was crocheting for the yard sale that what I didn't sell would be used for Christmas presents for the family and friends. So in a way I have all my presents made. I have to buy a couple of things but mostly I'm done. Kaye doesn't like anything I crochet so I will buy her something. If I have time and yarn I might make a vest for the bil. He does a lot for me around the house. I will always celebrate Christmas and presents will be given. Giving gifts makes me feel good and thankful for all that I have.

16. Likes N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fifty gifts, that is a lot. Especially to wrap, I use to really enjoying wrapping the gifts.