Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Please help!!

Post Thanks / Like

Please help!!

Hi everyone. I am looking for a long sweater vest pattern to crochet preferably one that is easy and fast My daughter likes to wear these instead of a coat and when it's too cold she likes it with her " outfit" She has a grey one she bought several years ago and loves it. I would really like to make her one for Christmas doesn't have to be fancy but nice and warm too. I have seen several but they are usually knitted or too fancy for me. I am crocheting hats for girls in an orphanage at present as soo as those are done I need to get on the vest but need pattern first. Thank you sooo much for any help you can give me

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Barbara for your reply but I am looking for a long (coat length) vest. My daughter likes to wear these over her sweaters etc when it isn't really cold. Thanks for sending links :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that! I downloaded it and have it in my future!

I saw one long sweater vest earlier today and was going to tell you about it, but it's knitted and not quite as pretty as this one!

So, are you making her this one? If so, she'll going to love it!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie thank you so much for your reply this could work but I will have to make it longer (coat length) I want it to be warm but not too bulky. Do you think alpaca would work for this pattern if so what weight would you use ?? She wants black!! I am not that advanced with crocheting like so many of you. The pictures I see of the things you guys make are awesome!! Thanks again for your help :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    I mostly have 4-ply yarn. I don't know much about what type of yarns to use for a pattern. I just use what yarn I want to. I haven't worked with alpaca yarn and so I'm not familiar with it. Thank You! I'm glad you like our pictures of the things we make.